“Wonder of wonders”

Fish Gaucho
Ranked #13 of 215 Restaurants in Paso Robles
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At FISHGAUCHO, we are committed to only providing the freshest seafood, shellfish, local produce, organic meats, and finest tequilas available. Our executive chef, Chris Beckett, has many local resources through farmer market vendors, local farmers, and fisherman to have the best ingredients at his fingertips. This allows him to produce some of the most unique, visually inspiring, and delicious Mexican dishes you will ever try. His commitment to making every dish perfect, starts at the top and flows through him to the entire kitchen staff. Our tequila bar doesn't stop short of striving to offer the best in fine tequilas, hand squeezed, hand muddled margaritas, signature cocktails, local wines, craft and imported beers. We spent countless hours researching the different styles of tequila and mezcal to produce a list of more than 100 of the world's best tequilas from both the lowlands and highlands of Jalisco, Mexico. Every margarita at FISHGAUCHO is hand crafted with fresh-squeezed lime, organic agave nectar, and Blue Agave Tequila. We feel, this combination is the best way to enjoy the perfect margarita. The decor at FISHGAUCHO is mostly used reclaimed wood and metal which was inspired by old world rustic Mexico. Our furniture is truly unique as every piece you see was custom made specifically for FISHGAUCHO. When you're in beautiful downtown Paso Robles, stop by FISHGAUCHO to enjoy a fresh, healthy, and lively Mexican dining experience. We look forward to sharing our love for amazing Mexican food & drink.
Reviewed September 25, 2017

It's been my experience that places that don't take reservations either don't need to because they are not busy enough and you don't really care to go there anyway or like in the case of a few places I know in New York and here you have so many people wanting to come that it doesn't make sense to hold the table for anyone.

First things first we wanted to come for dinner on Saturday around 7pm which usually the busiest time of the dinner rush so I wanted to make a reservation but was told that we couldn't and it's all first come first served. I was sorta disappointed having to wait for 30-40 minutes for dinner but to my surprise that wasn't the case. And we got a table in about 15 minutes.

We were pretty hungry after a bit of walking around and driving so we started on some appetizers and Tequila! (If you don't drink tequila you should start because without it the meal is a waste of time and money IMHO). Ceviche was to die for and even though my wife is not much for spicy foods this one she basically devoured. Kids got the quesadilla in the mean time and the size of it was big enough to make them both pretty happy and full. And Ahi Crudo which was also delicious.

For the main courses the kids were bored and tired but still the food experience continued to amaze with my Chorizo Torta and my husband's OAK GRILLED FLAT IRON CARNE ASADA. I mean I do get that there are better steaks on the menu but the flavor of Mexican Cuisine doesn't exactly appear in a dry aged ribeye. The meal was amazing and finishing up with tequila just hits all the right taste buttons with me. So next time I am in El Paso De Robles I would just visit this place... Just because...

2  Thank Alena V

Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

Went here with my wife and fiends for dinner. Our server was very friendly and explain all the daily special dishes. I had the halibut fish tacos,and my wife had a halibut succotash dish. All the food was excellent. Get there early, since it fills up quickly.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

The service was a little slow, and there were empty tables so it wasn't busy. Staff were friendly and let us switch from an inside table to an outdoor one (super stuffy inside). The food was good, but the margaritas were ever better. It appears they have a nice happy hour for their drinks during the weekdays.

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

Every local that we asked for a recommendation said Fish Gaucho and for good reason. The food was excellent, they have an extensive tequila menu, and it was a fun lively atmosphere (complete with mariachi band the night we were there). They were very accommodating with our baby, even finding us a table on a crowded evening where we could keep him in the stroller since they had run out of high chairs.

1  Thank Lana C
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

Had a tasty meal here. My husband had the halibut burro and said it was delicious. I had the BBQ chicken burro which was good too. The margaritas were good.