“Absolutely ordinary”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Medford, oregon
“Absolutely ordinary”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I don't like the idea of posting a negative review but perhaps someone near to the owners can help point out the obvious flaws. At every level in the hotel industry people have a right to expect good, or at least fair, value. This place is simply way overpriced. Lumpy pillows, extremely worn sheets that felt dreadful next to the body, cheap amenities and fixtures, plus greatly lacking any sense of style. The newish curtains could have been a positive addition but they skimped and made them too short to provide proper privacy. It's true that the location is great, and there are some nice garden features. But, taking all factors into consideration, the room was priced way too high.

Overpricing a soulless room is one thing, but the lack of hospitality is a fatal error. The robotic young woman at the desk should really think about changing her line of work, or if she loves the field, she should seek additional training or classes to learn the art of hospitality.

We normally stay 15-20 nights a year in Paso Robles, and you can be sure we will not return to this business.

Room Tip: It's best to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank onefootathome
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
I wanted to personally apologize for the experience you had during your stay. It is our goal that every guest’s experience exceeds their expectations.

Please know it is our practice to replace linens & pillows when they become worn. It appears that this did not occur and it is certainly not acceptable. I have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper.

I would also like to apologize that you found a Front Desk associate un-hospitable during your stay. Providing a caring and friendly interaction is our number one goal and it appears that we have failed. I assure you this has been addressed.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive and memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standards.

Again thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay.

Erica Renkert General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed here for one night in late April. We were told about the spa rooms but initially declined, taking a standard garden view room. The Garden view room was quite nice, microwave and minifridge along with a HUGE bathroom with plenty of room for all my girly accessories. But my husband was still stuck on the idea of a sp room so we switched. For 40 extra dollars, we got a very similar room BUT there was a private porch with a jacuzzi hooked up to their natural hot springs on site. Nice in theory. BUT the jacuzzi was OLD...like an 80's model I'm guessing. And the special thing about the hot springs is the sulphur content so the smell of rotten eggs was noticable all the time. Overall a great place that I'd recommend...check in was easy ans the folks there were able to recommend some great restaurants and tasting rooms all within walking distance to the hotel.

1 Thank noodle1976
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, glad to hear you were able to experience a deluxe spa room. The natural sulfer hot spring has been drawing visitors here for many years. The natural hot springs is sulfur, so there is an odor that some have compared to eggs. The odor is caused by sulfur dioxide gas that escapes into the air, but after the jets are running for a few minutes , the smell dissipates. We also provide fragrance packets to our guests. Once it dissipates, our guests enjoy the benefits of the natural sulfur hot springs which include lowering blood pressure, helping to relieve arthritis pain and detoxifying the body. I’m sorry you were not overall satisfied with your spa tub. We are currently in the process of updating all our spa tubs with a more modern look and feel; this is a large project and we are hoping to have it completed by next year.

Again thank you for taking the time to tell me about your recent stay.

Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed one night here. It was a good location and we liked the hot tub on the patio, but the reception was very unfriendly at check in. The room was also not well furnished. It was too sparse to feel comfy. The pillows were way to large and lumpy. We had a problem with our bill at check out which was the fault of the hotel computer system, but the girl was very unfriendly and never even apologized. I would not stay here again. The only saving grace was the hot springs water in the patio jacuzzi.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
I wanted to personally apologize for the experience you had at our front desk. It is our goal that every guest’s experience exceeds their expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Although I can not reverse the past, I would like you to know I have addressed your experience with all the front desk associates. If you are so inclined, could you provide me with more information, so your experience can be addressed with the actual staff members who disappointed you?
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciate. I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standards. Please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Again thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

Westlake Village, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice place, perfect location and the staff we ran into were fantastic. Not a 5 star luxury Hotel but cute, clean retro/upscale and priced fairly with some great deals now and then...Very well kept beautiful grounds throughout the complex of buildings...Perfect for us.

Room Tip: we stayed at the back in a garden view room ... there are others rooms on the front street that are...
1 Thank Thrach
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the historic Inn.

We look forward to having you as our guest again real soon.

Erica Renkert
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

Smelly. Old. Tired. Rude front office staff rip off.

• Stayed February 2012

I can’t apologize enough that you found your stay very disappointing. I would like to apologize that you found the Front Desk un-hospitable during your stay. Hospitality is one of our number one goals and it appears that we have failed. I know that I can not reserve the past on your experience and I’m sorry you were disappointed.

Again thank you for your feedback.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Writng this review from the dining room were we ate breakfast every morning.
Found all the staff to be very friendly and helpful, If you have young children make sure you ask the front desk staff for the free fish food to feed the gold fish in one of the fish ponds on the well appointed grounds. We stayed in a Jessie James Room so we were able to drive right up to the door.
Room was well appointed with 2 46" flat screen televisions, hotel offers free wifi. Our outside spa was very private. This hotel is in a great location, within walking distance to restaurants wine bars and the park. To get to the point, we would recommend this hotel on your visit to Paso Robles.

• Stayed April 2012
Shandon, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

The location is extremely fantastic. The library was only a few steps away (I love library) a theater within walking distance, and a beautiful historic park in between, we didn't have children with us, but if we did we HIGHLY recommend this establishment.