“Perfect location”
Review of Paso Robles Inn

Paso Robles Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Paso Robles Inn is clean with beautiful grounds. We stayed in the Jesse James Building where we had a living room, one bedroom, and a jacuzzi on the porch. The jacuzzi is GREAT. Super hot water and fun to relax in after a long day of driving around.

The room was clean, but the bed and bath linens are kind'a old and low quality, even though we were staying in a newly refurbished room. For example our fitted sheet was so teeny that it kept popping out of place. They could also use better pillows. Otherwise it was all very nice, and an EXTREMELY good value for the money!

Room Tip: Stay in the Jesse James Building. The rooms are much larger and you'll have a big room and a jac...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated. It is our goal that every guest’s experience exceeds their expectations.

Please know it is our practice to replace linens when they become worn. It appears that this did not occur and it is certainly not acceptable. I have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

There are newer reviews for Paso Robles Inn

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I feel bad giving it a 2 b/c it wasn't really that bad. But I can't give it a 3 for a few reasons. First, the grounds are really great, and the breakfast was also good. The location is fantastic.
Our room was not like any of the pictures that I see here. Dark and dated. I read some prior reviews that complain about lumpy pillows but I thought the pillows and bedding were fine. The carpet smelled a little like urine near my bed though so I wander if the prior guests maybe had a pet in there? It was also super loud b/c those next to and above us were loud. So between the noise and urine smell, the 2. The bathroom must have been recently remodeled so that was nice. Great shower, and spacious. Bath and Body works toiletries. I guess just ask for a newer or upgraded room and you'll be fine. I would probably stay here again but only if in a different room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank KatieDavis

I really appreciate the time you took to offer feedback from your stay. We utilize all feedback to make sure we are providing the experience our guests deserve.

I apologize if there seemed to be an unpleasant odor and that your neighbors were loud. Our guest service desk is staffed 24 hours a day, so please do not hesitate to cll during your stay so we can rectify any situation to make your stay more pleasant.

I am glad to see there were many things that you enjoyed about your stay and I’m very pleased that you would return on a future visit. Please be assured the areas of concern have been looked into and addressed.

When making your future reservations please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I don't like the idea of posting a negative review but perhaps someone near to the owners can help point out the obvious flaws. At every level in the hotel industry people have a right to expect good, or at least fair, value. This place is simply way overpriced. Lumpy pillows, extremely worn sheets that felt dreadful next to the body, cheap amenities and fixtures, plus greatly lacking any sense of style. The newish curtains could have been a positive addition but they skimped and made them too short to provide proper privacy. It's true that the location is great, and there are some nice garden features. But, taking all factors into consideration, the room was priced way too high.

Overpricing a soulless room is one thing, but the lack of hospitality is a fatal error. The robotic young woman at the desk should really think about changing her line of work, or if she loves the field, she should seek additional training or classes to learn the art of hospitality.

We normally stay 15-20 nights a year in Paso Robles, and you can be sure we will not return to this business.

Room Tip: It's best to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank onefootathome
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

I wanted to personally apologize for the experience you had during your stay. It is our goal that every guest’s experience exceeds their expectations.

Please know it is our practice to replace linens & pillows when they become worn. It appears that this did not occur and it is certainly not acceptable. I have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper.

I would also like to apologize that you found a Front Desk associate un-hospitable during your stay. Providing a caring and friendly interaction is our number one goal and it appears that we have failed. I assure you this has been addressed.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive and memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standards.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed here for one night in late April. We were told about the spa rooms but initially declined, taking a standard garden view room. The Garden view room was quite nice, microwave and minifridge along with a HUGE bathroom with plenty of room for all my girly accessories. But my husband was still stuck on the idea of a sp room so we switched. For 40 extra dollars, we got a very similar room BUT there was a private porch with a jacuzzi hooked up to their natural hot springs on site. Nice in theory. BUT the jacuzzi was OLD...like an 80's model I'm guessing. And the special thing about the hot springs is the sulphur content so the smell of rotten eggs was noticable all the time. Overall a great place that I'd recommend...check in was easy ans the folks there were able to recommend some great restaurants and tasting rooms all within walking distance to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noodle1976

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, glad to hear you were able to experience a deluxe spa room. The natural sulfer hot spring has been drawing visitors here for many years. The natural hot springs is sulfur, so there is an odor that some have compared to eggs. The odor is caused by sulfur dioxide gas that escapes into the air, but after the jets are running for a few minutes , the smell dissipates. We also provide fragrance packets to our guests. Once it dissipates, our guests enjoy the benefits of the natural sulfur hot springs which include lowering blood pressure, helping to relieve arthritis pain and detoxifying the body. I’m sorry you were not overall satisfied with your spa tub. We are currently in the process of updating all our spa tubs with a more modern look and feel; this is a large project and we are hoping to have it completed by next year.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed one night here. It was a good location and we liked the hot tub on the patio, but the reception was very unfriendly at check in. The room was also not well furnished. It was too sparse to feel comfy. The pillows were way to large and lumpy. We had a problem with our bill at check out which was the fault of the hotel computer system, but the girl was very unfriendly and never even apologized. I would not stay here again. The only saving grace was the hot springs water in the patio jacuzzi.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

I wanted to personally apologize for the experience you had at our front desk. It is our goal that every guest’s experience exceeds their expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Although I can not reverse the past, I would like you to know I have addressed your experience with all the front desk associates. If you are so inclined, could you provide me with more information, so your experience can be addressed with the actual staff members who disappointed you?
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciate. I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standards. Please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Again thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice place, perfect location and the staff we ran into were fantastic. Not a 5 star luxury Hotel but cute, clean retro/upscale and priced fairly with some great deals now and then...Very well kept beautiful grounds throughout the complex of buildings...Perfect for us.

Room Tip: we stayed at the back in a garden view room ... there are others rooms on the front street that are...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thrach
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the historic Inn.

We look forward to having you as our guest again real soon.

Erica Renkert

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Smelly. Old. Tired. Rude front office staff rip off.

• Stayed: February 2012

I can’t apologize enough that you found your stay very disappointing. I would like to apologize that you found the Front Desk un-hospitable during your stay. Hospitality is one of our number one goals and it appears that we have failed. I know that I can not reserve the past on your experience and I’m sorry you were disappointed.

Again thank you for your feedback.