“nice historic inn”
Review of Paso Robles Inn

Paso Robles Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed 24 May 2012

this is a really comfortable historic inn, with nice rooms and very big bathrooms. we stayed in a basic room but it was very nice and we had a towel animal to greet us! the gardens were lovely and really well maintained. we had breakfast in the coffee shop and they were HUGE we had a meal in the steak house it was really good and as guests we had a complimentary desert. we had a drink in the bar which was only ok, the bar tender was not very friendly (bordered on being rude). great place would recommend it.

Room Tip: any room would be good
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

I’m happy to hear we provide you with such a positive experience during your stay. I’m also happy to see you were able to enjoy all the great food and drink we have to offer.

I do want to apologize for the service you experience in our bar; the service you received is unacceptable. Please know we utilize all feedback to make sure we are providing the service and experience our guests deserve.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

The grounds are lovely with stately old oaks and a babbling creek. Check out the Cattlemen's Bar with painted beams and cows horns. The bar was lively with a cozy upstairs terrace to enjoy balmy Paso nights. I sampled Magellan gin for the first time. They have a quite reasonable selection of single malts, American whiskies and a wide variety of vodkas.
The Inn, restored with taste and authenticity, has an interesting history going back to the beginning of the town. Located right in the center of Paso Robles, it's within easy walk of more good restaurants and wine tasting rooms than you'll have time to enjoy.
We were lucky to stay on a Wednesday night and taste the prime rib special at the Inn Steakhouse. $19! Delicious. Unusually flavorful meat cooked exactly medium rare. I highly recommend it. The baked potato was perfect with the skin between crisp and chewy, just the way we love it. We ate on the patio with the rock pool and giant oaks as focal point.
Our room had a natural hot spring spa on the terrace. The shock of the sulfur smell was easily countered by a packet of fragrance supplied by the hotel. We were on the ground level and the terrace had drapes to pull for complete privacy.
A nice touch was the towel-sculpture bunny with two lollipops for eyes sitting on the bed when we arrived. Martin Resorts does a great job of maintaining their properties.

Room Tip: If you don't want to spring for a room with its own natural hot springs spa, there is hot tub by...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

It is nice to hear we were able to provide you with such a positive experience during your stay. I’m also glad to see you were able to enjoy all the tasty food and drinks we have to offer.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

I recently stayed at the Paso Robles Inn and was very satisfied. The Inn is very cute and has a very comfortable, quaint feel. Eachroom is equiped with a fridge and microwave and the Inn is located in a very central area. The Inn provides a lovely restaurant where we stopped for breakfast on a few occasions, the food and service were excellent. There is also a bar on site that has the basics. This Inn provided a very comfortable feel in a new town. I would return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TianaW
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you for your comments, we are so glad you enjoyed your time at the Inn and were able to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Paso Robles Inn is clean with beautiful grounds. We stayed in the Jesse James Building where we had a living room, one bedroom, and a jacuzzi on the porch. The jacuzzi is GREAT. Super hot water and fun to relax in after a long day of driving around.

The room was clean, but the bed and bath linens are kind'a old and low quality, even though we were staying in a newly refurbished room. For example our fitted sheet was so teeny that it kept popping out of place. They could also use better pillows. Otherwise it was all very nice, and an EXTREMELY good value for the money!

Room Tip: Stay in the Jesse James Building. The rooms are much larger and you'll have a big room and a jac...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated. It is our goal that every guest’s experience exceeds their expectations.

Please know it is our practice to replace linens when they become worn. It appears that this did not occur and it is certainly not acceptable. I have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I feel bad giving it a 2 b/c it wasn't really that bad. But I can't give it a 3 for a few reasons. First, the grounds are really great, and the breakfast was also good. The location is fantastic.
Our room was not like any of the pictures that I see here. Dark and dated. I read some prior reviews that complain about lumpy pillows but I thought the pillows and bedding were fine. The carpet smelled a little like urine near my bed though so I wander if the prior guests maybe had a pet in there? It was also super loud b/c those next to and above us were loud. So between the noise and urine smell, the 2. The bathroom must have been recently remodeled so that was nice. Great shower, and spacious. Bath and Body works toiletries. I guess just ask for a newer or upgraded room and you'll be fine. I would probably stay here again but only if in a different room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank KatieDavis

I really appreciate the time you took to offer feedback from your stay. We utilize all feedback to make sure we are providing the experience our guests deserve.

I apologize if there seemed to be an unpleasant odor and that your neighbors were loud. Our guest service desk is staffed 24 hours a day, so please do not hesitate to cll during your stay so we can rectify any situation to make your stay more pleasant.

I am glad to see there were many things that you enjoyed about your stay and I’m very pleased that you would return on a future visit. Please be assured the areas of concern have been looked into and addressed.

When making your future reservations please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I don't like the idea of posting a negative review but perhaps someone near to the owners can help point out the obvious flaws. At every level in the hotel industry people have a right to expect good, or at least fair, value. This place is simply way overpriced. Lumpy pillows, extremely worn sheets that felt dreadful next to the body, cheap amenities and fixtures, plus greatly lacking any sense of style. The newish curtains could have been a positive addition but they skimped and made them too short to provide proper privacy. It's true that the location is great, and there are some nice garden features. But, taking all factors into consideration, the room was priced way too high.

Overpricing a soulless room is one thing, but the lack of hospitality is a fatal error. The robotic young woman at the desk should really think about changing her line of work, or if she loves the field, she should seek additional training or classes to learn the art of hospitality.

We normally stay 15-20 nights a year in Paso Robles, and you can be sure we will not return to this business.

Room Tip: It's best to stay somewhere else.
1  Thank onefootathome
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

I wanted to personally apologize for the experience you had during your stay. It is our goal that every guest’s experience exceeds their expectations.

Please know it is our practice to replace linens & pillows when they become worn. It appears that this did not occur and it is certainly not acceptable. I have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper.

I would also like to apologize that you found a Front Desk associate un-hospitable during your stay. Providing a caring and friendly interaction is our number one goal and it appears that we have failed. I assure you this has been addressed.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive and memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standards.

Please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed here for one night in late April. We were told about the spa rooms but initially declined, taking a standard garden view room. The Garden view room was quite nice, microwave and minifridge along with a HUGE bathroom with plenty of room for all my girly accessories. But my husband was still stuck on the idea of a sp room so we switched. For 40 extra dollars, we got a very similar room BUT there was a private porch with a jacuzzi hooked up to their natural hot springs on site. Nice in theory. BUT the jacuzzi was OLD...like an 80's model I'm guessing. And the special thing about the hot springs is the sulphur content so the smell of rotten eggs was noticable all the time. Overall a great place that I'd recommend...check in was easy ans the folks there were able to recommend some great restaurants and tasting rooms all within walking distance to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noodle1976

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, glad to hear you were able to experience a deluxe spa room. The natural sulfer hot spring has been drawing visitors here for many years. The natural hot springs is sulfur, so there is an odor that some have compared to eggs. The odor is caused by sulfur dioxide gas that escapes into the air, but after the jets are running for a few minutes , the smell dissipates. We also provide fragrance packets to our guests. Once it dissipates, our guests enjoy the benefits of the natural sulfur hot springs which include lowering blood pressure, helping to relieve arthritis pain and detoxifying the body. I’m sorry you were not overall satisfied with your spa tub. We are currently in the process of updating all our spa tubs with a more modern look and feel; this is a large project and we are hoping to have it completed by next year.