“Sad”
Review of Paso Robles Inn

Paso Robles Inn
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Paso Robles
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We have stayed here twice over the past several years. It is a beautiful property, historic memories and ideally located. The last time we visted was awful. The rooms are filthy and housekeeping services are abismal. The whole time I was there I felt itchy and then I heard they had a bed bug issue. The morning we checked out, I was gathering up belongings and found some dirty socks under the bed. I picked them up and accused my husband of being a slob. They were not his socks and they had been in the room the entire time! No wonder it smelled. When I mentioned this to staff, they could not be bothered. The dining facilities have also detoriated, it used to be so great. Sad to say don't stay here until they make improvements.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank konalynn
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

I want to apologize for the experience you had during your stay in October of 2011. It appears we certainly fell short of your expectations and our own standards.

Since your stay in October, we have been working diligently to better train our housekeepers and inspectors to look at every room with a detailed eye. I can assure you that we did not and have not had any bed bug issues, We are very confident that what you heard is untrue. We will continue to work with our staff to assure that they are better trained on the special care that is required in a historic hotel room.

I am also truly sorry that you felt “dismissed” by our guest service agent at check out. That is certainly not acceptable. We are excited to have made changes to the staff over the past couple months and are confident that we have a far more hospitable experience to offer. We take all comments very seriously and use them to reward our staff and repair our shortcomings.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standards. Please contact me personally so that I can ensure your stay meets your expectations.

Again thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

There are newer reviews for Paso Robles Inn

Reviewed 28 May 2012

If you're visiting a small Central Californian town like Paso Robles, you need to set your expectations accordingly. Short of spending an exorbanant amount, nothing will be 4 star. The Paso Robles Inn is a good bet. The location is perfect - across the street from the town park and a wide variety of restaurants and wine stores. The staff is friendly and competent. The rooms are clean, comfortable and have free wi-fi. The garden located in the center of the complex is nicely done. That being said, it still has something of a motel feel and the rooms all face the courtyard and do not have much privacy. Looking at some of the other options, though, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I’m glad you were able to enjoy the gardens and that we provided you with a positive experience.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

My wife and I were driving from LA to Sonoma and decided to spend a night in Paso Robles. It was memorial day weekend so the best places were not available. We booked a room at the Paso Robles Inn. It cost us about $350 for a rather small old room but we would actually have been ok with it if it was not for the wedding that was in the ballroom right below our room. It went on to about 10pm. It was very loud. I called a few times to complain. We did not want to interfere with the wedding party but by 9pm most of the people their were pretty wasted and would not have known if the sound was turned down to 60 db. My issues is that I believe a hotel should tell you in advance if they are having an event that would interfere with ones ability to enjoy their room. We would never have booked this room if we had known.
The good news is the wifi was free and was of high quality. The hotel is in a perfect location. Paso Robles is definitely worth a stop. The staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure there is not a wedding reception directly below your room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

I wanted to personally apologize for the experience you had during your stay. It is our goal that every guest’s experience exceeds their expectations.

Please know it is our practice to advise guest of any events being held in the Ballroom or on property that may impact their stay. It appears that this did not occur and it is certainly not acceptable. I have addressed this with our front desk team and I am very sorry that this occurred. I am glad to see there were some things that you enjoyed about your stay. Please be assured the areas of concern have been looked into and addressed.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would like to invite you back so we can provide you with a positive and memorable stay; one that reflects our usual standards.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

this is a really comfortable historic inn, with nice rooms and very big bathrooms. we stayed in a basic room but it was very nice and we had a towel animal to greet us! the gardens were lovely and really well maintained. we had breakfast in the coffee shop and they were HUGE we had a meal in the steak house it was really good and as guests we had a complimentary desert. we had a drink in the bar which was only ok, the bar tender was not very friendly (bordered on being rude). great place would recommend it.

Room Tip: any room would be good
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

I’m happy to hear we provide you with such a positive experience during your stay. I’m also happy to see you were able to enjoy all the great food and drink we have to offer.

I do want to apologize for the service you experience in our bar; the service you received is unacceptable. Please know we utilize all feedback to make sure we are providing the service and experience our guests deserve.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

The grounds are lovely with stately old oaks and a babbling creek. Check out the Cattlemen's Bar with painted beams and cows horns. The bar was lively with a cozy upstairs terrace to enjoy balmy Paso nights. I sampled Magellan gin for the first time. They have a quite reasonable selection of single malts, American whiskies and a wide variety of vodkas.
The Inn, restored with taste and authenticity, has an interesting history going back to the beginning of the town. Located right in the center of Paso Robles, it's within easy walk of more good restaurants and wine tasting rooms than you'll have time to enjoy.
We were lucky to stay on a Wednesday night and taste the prime rib special at the Inn Steakhouse. $19! Delicious. Unusually flavorful meat cooked exactly medium rare. I highly recommend it. The baked potato was perfect with the skin between crisp and chewy, just the way we love it. We ate on the patio with the rock pool and giant oaks as focal point.
Our room had a natural hot spring spa on the terrace. The shock of the sulfur smell was easily countered by a packet of fragrance supplied by the hotel. We were on the ground level and the terrace had drapes to pull for complete privacy.
A nice touch was the towel-sculpture bunny with two lollipops for eyes sitting on the bed when we arrived. Martin Resorts does a great job of maintaining their properties.

Room Tip: If you don't want to spring for a room with its own natural hot springs spa, there is hot tub by...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

It is nice to hear we were able to provide you with such a positive experience during your stay. I’m also glad to see you were able to enjoy all the tasty food and drinks we have to offer.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

I recently stayed at the Paso Robles Inn and was very satisfied. The Inn is very cute and has a very comfortable, quaint feel. Eachroom is equiped with a fridge and microwave and the Inn is located in a very central area. The Inn provides a lovely restaurant where we stopped for breakfast on a few occasions, the food and service were excellent. There is also a bar on site that has the basics. This Inn provided a very comfortable feel in a new town. I would return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TianaW
PasoRoblesInn, General Manager at Paso Robles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you for your comments, we are so glad you enjoyed your time at the Inn and were able to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

Paso Robles Inn is clean with beautiful grounds. We stayed in the Jesse James Building where we had a living room, one bedroom, and a jacuzzi on the porch. The jacuzzi is GREAT. Super hot water and fun to relax in after a long day of driving around.

The room was clean, but the bed and bath linens are kind'a old and low quality, even though we were staying in a newly refurbished room. For example our fitted sheet was so teeny that it kept popping out of place. They could also use better pillows. Otherwise it was all very nice, and an EXTREMELY good value for the money!

Room Tip: Stay in the Jesse James Building. The rooms are much larger and you'll have a big room and a jac...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me, your feedback is greatly appreciated. It is our goal that every guest’s experience exceeds their expectations.

Please know it is our practice to replace linens when they become worn. It appears that this did not occur and it is certainly not acceptable. I have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.