“Pleasantly surprised”

GreenLeadersBronze level
orange county, ca
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 26 December 2009

My kids were nervous about staying in a "motel" - but the rooms were clean, the service pleasant, and the price was very reasonable. I would definitely come back there anytime!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
nevada
Reviewed 14 November 2009

very nice and clean rooms. Awsome breakfast and employees

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
arizona
Reviewed 3 November 2009

I was very content during my stay, and loved the location! the freeway noise did not bother me at all, as I simply blocked it out! Many hotels are located near airports---so cars are really ok! My room was large and sooo comfortable, with a shower to die for! I'd stay again in a heartbeat if the opportunity arises. The three employees I came in contact with were ever so polite and helpful. I loved it all! jra

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Concord, CA
Reviewed 24 September 2009

I can’t believe that others staying here didn’t complain about the freeway noise. My room was on the east end of the building and the noise was incredible. I had driven 13 hours and was dead tired but still woke up all night long to truck and train noise (see pic). The tucks heading down the mountain were the worst, especially when they used their Jake Brake, and trains run past all night too. It would have been quieter on the main runway of LAX.

They are also in the middle of remodeling, so when I pulled up the place looked like it was closed because they had yellow caution tape strung all around the front side of the building. The pool and spa were closed and the ground everywhere was covered in mortar from tile work they were doing.

I don’t know if any of this remodeling will address the noise problems, like changing the windows to double paine glass, but if not, I certainly would never stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Ontario,Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2009

Stayed here overnight when passing through the area, We were pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the rooms. Did not notice the highway noise any more than other highway locations. Check in was friendly & fast. Internet connection was good. Though we didn't use it the pool & hot tub area looked well maintained. The breakfast area was bright and clean and the selection & quality of the breakfast items was better than most motels of similar value.
There are a couple fo fast food places adjacent, but no eat in restaurants. If you're looking for a comfortable night while travelling through the area this property fits the bill.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nv.
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Upon arrival the manager/desk clerk was MOST accomadating as we asked for a GOOD VIEW room which he kindly assisted us with very nicely. Our room was COMFORTABLE, VERY CLEAN & had a PEACEFUL VIEW of the surrounding valley & mountainside. This is a rather simple property but my boys & I found it MOST COMFORTABLE & ENJOYED our short stay here. The continental breakfast was MOST pleasing offering an assortment of cereals, muffins, ready to heat breakfast sandwiches along with hot coffee or teas in a small but comfortable breakfast room. I was MOST PLEASED with my stay here all in all.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Anaheim
Reviewed 16 January 2009

I have stayed in many best westerns over the last year and I am usually happy. On dec 27th at around 3-4pm I got stuck in realy bad traffic and my 13yr old girl needed to use the restroom BAD!! I pulled off on highway 138 in a emergency for her to use the restroom and possible get a room. This very rude women working at the front told me,"my restrooms don't work because of people like you that come up here and clog them up". She refused to let my girl use the restroom and then she wet her pants in front of this hotel. It ruined our trip and I will never forgive Best Western for this. I used to stay at best westerns often but those days are over. That woman at the front desk was horrible to us.

Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank vintagebass
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phelan
15.4 km away
Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia
24.5 km away
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#2 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Motel 6 Hesperia
#8 of 9 in Hesperia
20.3 km away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville

Been to Best Western Cajon Pass? Share your experiences!