“Been going there for years”
Review of Ohana Hawaiian BBQ

Ohana Hawaiian BBQ
Ranked #58 of 69 Restaurants in Pinole
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 26, 2016

I grew up in the state of Hawaii - so I love plate lunches. This place is okay for taste and my family goes to get plate lunches to go about every other month. Recently they increased the price and made the plate lunches smaller. But I still find them okay and a plate lunch is still good for 2 meals as I now eat less as I grow older. People from Hawaii are all over the place and we love our plate lunches- and I find them a better deal than your regular burger joints. I find that I prefer the chicken katsu - but my mother prefers the kalua pig and cabbage or the Teriyaki BBQ mixed plate. II also buy the gift certificates to give to my relatives nearby because we all eat there. This place is usually always busy - which is more than I can say compared to the pizza joints all over.

Reviewed October 17, 2016

This is not the Hawaiian fast food I know and love. It's faster, messier, made with less care, corn starchier, and saltier than even other locations in the same chain. For your saimin fix, you're better off buying a cube of ramen at Lucky, next door.

Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

My partner took me to his favourite place in California while I was visiting from over seas. I ordered the Teriyaki BBQ mix and I didn't have any expectation as everything looked very plain and simple. I was hooked on my first bite, and the pasta served with the succulent meat was one of the best I've had in years! So I made my partner take me there 2 more times before I flew out. This is one of my "MUST GO" places to eat when I'm in town absolutely loved it.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

If you are a fan of Hawaiian food - especially kaluha pork, sticky rice, and macaroni salad - this is the place for you! The only place I know on the mainland where you can get some quality kaluha pork, Hawaiian style. I need to venture out and try some new dishes, but these are the ones I keep coming back to, and they are great!

Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

I was here once and everything was extremely salty and the service is just terrible. You might as well go to hometown buffet for cheaper better quality food.

1  Thank BenjAHmmin

Been to Ohana Hawaiian BBQ? Share your experiences!