“BETTER THAN NO COMPLAINTS” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shore Cliff Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Shore Cliff Hotel
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
“BETTER THAN NO COMPLAINTS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed here on my way to Pacific Grove,CA. I am a dedicated Pismo lover and stay in Pismo when doing wine events at the SLO vineyards or concerts in San Luis Obispo or any other time I can come up with a good excuse. I usually stay in another place, not as close to my favorite eating spot, the Ventana Grill. But I was just passing through & found the (off season) pricing here with an ocean, pier & Pismo Beach view, within reason & worth being within walking distance to Ventana. After a happy hour feast with TOBIN jAMES DREAM WEAVER sparkling wine, i strolled back to my room and kicked back on my patio & vegged.
The grounds here are very well-kept & my room was very clean with all the amenities, as well as a small patio with a spectacular view. Everything about my stay was great. I even got a big surprise when told the continental breakfast (which i frequently skip-don't care for waffles, pancakes & french toast to start my day) was to take place at Ventana, breafast with a great view and outdoor seating-WELL worth getting up for. .PLUS, they had hard boiled eggs & yoghurt & GREAT coffee.

While some may not agree, I found no beach access to be a positive. Not much foot traffic & beach-goers noise. Very peaceful & relaxing.
On season rates are higher &may not as comparitive with some of the other places I have stayed, but I will be back soon & can hardly wait.

Room Tip: any room with an ocean or pier view.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ijustknow29

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Polish first
Fresno, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We stayed here for one night...ocean view room, not a suite, was only available . This was recently remodeled. For 300 $ a night you expect something better. Cornered first floor room was what I got after the phone reservation confirmed 2nd floor room the day before..
The room was clean and remodeled but you can definetly find much better deals facing the ocean with better breakfast and location. The location of the hotel is nice on a cliff but don't expect a beach access..
I give it 2 stars given the price which was too much for the service provided in pismo area. I stayed in nearby hotels before with less much money and much better service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sasaghbini
FunInSunPismoBeach, General Manager at Shore Cliff Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
I would like to personally apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your stay. We strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we were not able to do that for you. We make every attempt to honor guest request regarding specific views and floor levels. However, unforeseen circumstances arise sometimes preventing us from doing so. I hope that you would give us another opportunity to show you that we can do it better! If you find your self returning to the area, please give me a call, so I can make the necessary arrangements.

Regards,
Karen
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Hotel location is really nice! Close to a shopping center which is a few exits away. We had an ocean/pool view on the ground floor which was beautiful! The parking was a bit of a paim bc there are not enough spots so we had to leave sparingly or be back at a decent hour jusf to get a spot. Otherwise yhe hotel was great location, view and staff perspective. Look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank naniguju
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

The Shore Cliff is just finishing up some of the nicest renovations I have ever seen. We have been staying here for a few years now and now it is better than ever. The staff is great. Valerie Callaway (front office manager) is right on top of everything. A great place to kick back and enjoy life.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms in the lobby building does not have an elevator, but if you don't need tha...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Larry R
Grapevine, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

We spent the week after Thanksgiving here. Weather was fantasitic. We saw whales from our room balcony! That was also the perfect place to watch the sunset. Kayak and beach ATV rentals close by were fun. Lots of great restaurants within 10 miles. Nearby Avila Beach provided great shopping, golf and ocean access as well. Exploring caves along the cliffs was a new adventure for us and we loved it. The Great American Melodrama provided great evening entertainment, good for age 8 and up. The rooms were large and clean. The "smell" mentioned in another review was not evident during our stay. There is a pool but it is not heated. Having breakfast included was nice.

Room Tip: I'd suggest avoiding the lower floor and asking for the north end to ensure a great view.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mmhtraveler
Trondheim, Norway
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

The hotel is situated close to Pismo Beach, but it is not in Pismo.
The hotel or motel, if you ask me, is located by the roadside, but also present it self as a nice three star hotel.
The reception smells like pee, and yes, there is a reason for it. The reason is that the hotel/motel has a huge bird nest mountain below it, which smells so bad you are at all times being close to womit.
The rooms are ok, fearly new, but a terrible AC, and also you stink out your room if you open the balcony door.
I am REALLY surprised to see almost no one else than we are telling other travellers about this.
The "spa" treatment center is perhaps the biggest con in history, as it is a small room on 3 by 3 feet.
This hotel is cheap, but not as cheap as it should be.

The little staff we met were very rude, especially in the reception.

STAY AWAY!!! Unless you are a birdlover....

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank ann_travellinggirl
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

We stayed here on the first night of our journey up the CA Coast ... the rooms have been updated, and the view from the balcony was outstanding. It's almost hard to believe that this view does not belong to a high end Ritz or Marriott ... Best Western? Anyway, it was a room that worked just fine, with a view of sunset that just blew us away ... at a very reasonable price. The continental breakfast served next door at Ventanas was nothing special, but the coffee worked. Special note: there are two hotels, both Best Western, both owned by the same company in this location. We'd mistakenly reserved the BW Shelter Cove and realized we'd goofed when we arrived. They let us move the reservation at no penalty -- thanks!

Room Tip: Be sure you get the right Best Western ... and specifically ask for the Ocean View.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple