“Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Pismo Beach
Visalia, California
“Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stay at this hotel regularly. Recently they have refurbished, looks great. Teri handled the phone reservation smoothly and quickly and Sarah checked me in in just a few seconds, great when you are tired from travelling and just want to relax.
These folks continue to win my business because of the warm friendly way all the staff treat guests.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Korean first
Columbia, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

My youngest daughter and husband had stayed here and really enjoyed their stay so when a chance came to surprise my husband with a beach getaway this was my 1st thought. Our room was right on the beach with a great view of the ocean and pier. We could walk to shops that were near by, Coffee was available 24 hrs although the room pot was pretty good and breakfast was very handy. The room was very clean and the front desk staff gave us clear directions to any place we wanted to go. Since that weekend was also a birthday for our oldest daughter, her sister said we should do this next year as well. So hopefully we will.

Room Tip: Definitely go for the oceanside and at least 2nd or 3rd floor
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

We spent 2 nights here with our 2 Pugs. When we arrived, they had a welcome sign for their new furry visitors, nice touch. The room was average, though we had a second floor room with a balcony looking over the boardwalk and the beach. It was pretty windy and cold at the beach, so it was perfect to sit on the balcony, drink wine and look at the beach and pier, espically at sunset. It was only a couple blocks to the main part of town with the restaurants, bars and shops. Perfect location! Would definitely go back again...can't wait!

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor facing west towards the beach.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was our second trip to Pismo Beach to relax and enjoy the sand between our toes and the soothing sound of ocean waves. The room did not have the fireplace our last hotel had but the location right on the beach with an easy walk to the pier, restaurants and the shops was much better. People watching and the surfers are entertaining too. The room was a pleasant surprise, not a five star, but done very nice with a great balcony to watch the sunsets and feel the cool ocean breeze. The hotel staff was friendly and did not hesitate to change our room on arrival. Breakfast is a nice variety with waffles too. Great beach vacation. We will definetly be back!

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd and third floors for best views and quieter rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
San Jose, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I have always wanted to stay here, but when planning ahead (usually in high season) it always was bit more than I thought it was worth. I walked in on a Sunday in April and was pleased with the rate, the room, the amenities - free WiFi and a walk out to the beach and town, and a decent breakfast included. After several nights in So Cal hotels on this mini-road trip I was also happy to not pay for parking! I will probably continue to avoid high season and weekend rates, but if it fits your schedule to be in Pismo off season or a Sun-Tuesday, stay here. It is a great place, no better location! And the staff was great.

Atascadero
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We spent last weekend at the Sandcastle Inn, which is a hotel we have scoped out for years as it is perfectly located right on the beach. Everything about this hotel was just perfect from the room, to the view, to the location. It is situated right on the beach but also nicely close to the stores. Besides the great location, etc., I was quite taken by the great service I received while making my reservations which kept changing due to some family as well as weather issues. No one ever made me feel like I was being a pain when I kept calling back to ask questions and/or change my reservations. Everything about this hotel was just great and I will go back for sure. The only thing I can't comment on is the breakfast, because we kept sleeping-in and couldn't make it by 10:00am. A quick drive to Starbucks solved this sleeping-in problem. Speaking of quick drives and/or walks, this hotel is a perfect drive/walk to the Pismo Outlets. By the way, when you're in town go eat at the Cracked Crab....you won't regret it. Oh, one last thing....they have a hot tub/jacuzzi, but no pool. My girls wished they had a pool, but for me, if I'm going to the beach, I want to be on the beach not in a pool so it was all fine for me.

Room Tip: You can go for an oceanfront room which is great as it faces the ocean full on. We stayed in a nort...
1 Thank MOTAtascadero
Bakersfield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Our $188 per night room increased to $242 when I indicated we were bring our family dog. Fine, I expected the pet fee. However, the super-charged price meant we were no longer in a room within the protected hallway which I assume must have been quieter than our room that was in an open, outside hall with noisy teens running up and down and past our door into the wee hours. When I scooted the ottoman, I found a used travel toothbrush and other paper debris. Ick. My husband and I had to lock our dog-son in our car to enjoy the continental breakfast together. We would have had to do the same for dinner if the three of us had not been invited to a backyard BBQ. THE REAL SHOCKER was when I checked out! The $242 room had magically become a nearly $330 room. What?1?!? "It is our policy to add on the pet fee upon checkout." Really? What about the initial, expected jump from $188 to $242? Caveat emptor, beachcombers!!!!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank StevieTurner1965
Manager423, General Manager at Sandcastle Inn, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
While we are a pet friendly hotel, we offer specific rooms for our guests with pets located in different areas of the hotel. After deciding to bring a pet, the guest called our hotel to learn that the only pet friendly rooms available were our Ocean Front rooms, which the guest agreed to pay for the premium room type. We do also charge a one time per vist nominal pet fee, which the guest also agreed to. For health reasons, pets may not be present in our breakfast area during breakfast service hours only but are more than welcome any other time. At the Sandcastle Inn we continually strive to provide the best service possible to all of our guests on a consistent basis.