I chose this Hotel as it was the only Marriott property where I could use my free e-cert which is only good at Cat 1-5 Hotels and this one is a Category 4. This is one of the main reasons why I'll be canceling Marriott credit cards as Cat 1-5 Hotels are becoming scarce making the free certs difficult to use but that is another issue.
As I drove into this property I was already concerned about the area and the safety of my vehicle. The sign saying management isn't responsible for vehicle theft was a clue that it happens often here. It's in the middle of an industrial area with office complexes around and the freeway to the side. At check in they also require you to sign a waver stating you won't have loud parties and you have to put down an extra deposit in case you decide to damage your room. Another clue that this place has issues. I was put in a suite next to the freeway and I requested a change to a quieter location which was accommodated so that was good.
On a positive note, the service here was ok and the area around my suite was generally quiet all night although the smell from the garbage disposal in the kitchen was a downer when entering the place. There were some families with kids using the pool and they have a firepit there that's lit up at night.
One other problem was the flat screen TV display was broken and the picture was really dark with one light spot at the top.
I was nervous going out to my car in the morning but there was no break in and everything seemed fine. The free breakfast buffet was good and very crowded with people probably getting ready to go to Disneyland. I wouldn't choose this place again and would look for other options closer to Anaheim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From family getaways to long-term business trips, Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton helps make traveling easier. With a central location in SoCal, our hotel offers guests easy access to destinations such as California State University, Angel Stadium of Anaheim and the Brea Mall. Located a short drive away is Disneyland®, perfect for families and groups looking for a magical time. Kick back at the hotel and relax in our studio, penthouse or family suites, each designed to meet different travel needs. Sink into our plush pillow top beds as you scroll through your network with our free Wi-Fi or watch our flat-panel TVs. Rise and shine in Southern California and enjoy a delicious meal at our complimentary breakfast buffet. Savory sausages, hearty eggs and fresh fruit readily await you each morning. Feel free to cool off with a dip into our outdoor pool or workout in our fully equipped fitness center. Make your extended stay exceptional at Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton Hotel Placentia
- Residence Inn Placentia
- Placentia Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton Orange County