“Great Indian Food.”

Add it.
Taal - Cultural Cuisine of India
Ranked #43 of 97 Restaurants in Placentia
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

We were surprised by fabulous Indian food here. Try the Bangun Bharta. My daughter loved the Chicken Vindaloo and the Chicken Tikka. We are definitely coming back.

Reviewed February 25, 2016

I have credit on restaurant.com which I have a hard time getting used up- not many 'local' places near our home to choose from that classify as 'sit down'. Last week I decided we should pick a 'new' place and give it a try. (One disappointment is that we were only able to use 1 of the $10 coupons I printed out, but didn't know until I saw the actual coupon. This restaurant was pricy for only $10 off).

We planned on takeout and a quiet movie at home after a busy week.
The service was EXCELLENT. There was live music inside we would have enjoyed.
Our food choices were Zaffrani Tikka Masala $15 (hubby always gets it) and I always pick something new, Chicken Korma $15. (based on the yelp reviews). I do NOT like spicy and always mention a tad but not much spice. We also ordered Veggie Pakora $6 and plain Basmati rice $5 and Garlic Naan $3. It adds up. We had enough for lunch the next day which is always nice. Plain naan would have been better. Very strong contrast with meal and we appreciated the rice, which we debated making at home but I didn't want to wait for it. My food was actually spicier than hubby which is unusual. We shared and enjoy both. Neither of us liked the Veggie dish at all. Even worse as a leftover.
Maybe we will try it for lunch if the prices are less, but for dinner, this is typical prices around here.

Reviewed February 14, 2016

Came in right when they opened on a Sunday at 11AM. We were sat at a table but the waiter told us that the buffet was not ready yet. We waited about 10 minutes before he came by again to tell us that we could go help ourselves. I did not particularly mind the wait, but I would recommend to come at least 15 minutes after the restaurant "opens" so that you aren't just sitting around.

The Sunday lunch buffet price was $13.99, which is a little pricey compared to other Indian buffets. This price does include your choice of champagne, mango lassi, or a soft drink. We opted for the mango lassi, which was good but it probably not the best choice to drink something heavy and yogurt based along with all the creamy curries along the buffet line. The spinach paneer was very good and creamy. My other two favorites that I normally get at Indian locations are tandoori chicken and tikka masala which I did not enjoy as much here. The tikka masala was noticeably spicier here than at other buffets that I've been to. Although I could handle the spice, it would be difficult to eat for someone that is used to the more americanized and mild versions of these curries. As far as the desserts go, the kheer and gulab jamun were great.

Overall, while I did enjoy most of the food, I would say that this place ranks among the lower end of the spectrum for Indian restaurants that I have been to. It is hard to justify paying $14 for a meal when there are many alternatives with the same quality and selection of food for $10.

Reviewed January 25, 2016

some of the best Indian food i've had outside of India! Try just about anything and you won't be disappointed!.

Reviewed July 29, 2015

We had thrown my younger son's birthday party and the food was reasonably priced and it was excellent in taste.