“A very nice and clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of National 9 Inn

National 9 Inn
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
Doetinchem, The Netherlands
“A very nice and clean hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

We are from The Netherlands, and we stayed in this hotel for several times already .
Somethimes with my family, and somethimes with our friends.
The owners are very friendly.
The rooms are clean and fully equipped.
And the prices are very favorable, and we hope every year to come back to this great hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gerard B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
South Plainfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel, for 2 nights. The room was very comfortable, clean and I agree with the other reviews too, the owners very accomadating for all your needs. Would definitely recommend this motel if staying in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank carol c
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

stayed here to do white water rafting in coloma...a great rush. The "breakfast" might be considered sufficient but if you prefer something more substantial, there is a waffle house across the street. Beds were not super comfortable but adequate. Rooms were clean with a fridge and microwave. Good highway access.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David M
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

We were on our way up to Lake Tahoe when our car broke down. We limped our way back down to Placerville and found a nice, clean motel, National 9 Inn, to stay the night. We couldn't drive our car so the young woman owner called us a taxi and told us a good place to eat. Then, after dinner she picked us up and brought us back to the motel. The next morning she arranged for a tow truck to tow us to Folsom to get our car repaired. She couldn't have been kinder or more helpful......and the motel was nice too! We would stay here again and I hope others will too.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yattety
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

I checked in with my kids to a clean room. The staff was very nice and helpful . My husband works in placerville and I'm a few hrs away. So when I go to visit him we will continue to stay here! Good price and great people!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank 79loves66
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

I'll start by admitting that I am a Hilton/ Hyatt kind of guy when it comes to vacation and travel lodging. So I was a little upset and confused when my wife reserved a room at National 9 MOTEL. She said the reviews were good and there wasn't much to choose from; so we decided to check it out and if it was dirty or unkept we would find somewhere else to stay. When we got to the motel my first impression was that it looked like a typical motel... nothing special really, but it appeared clean and orderly so we proceeded. My first impression of the staff was that they were unbelievably friendly and accommodating- as if customer service was the cornerstone on which they establish business relations... but I was still skeptical- this is the National 9 we're talking about not a big 5 star resort. We checked in and brought our stuff up to our room and on the way I thought to myself, "here we go, the dirties room ever..." but to my surprise the room was immaculately clean. It was my wife's birthday and we were up north on a whitewater rafting trip (which was planned for her birthday) but I wanted to do something special for her and I thought a birthday cake and candles would be a nice touch after dinner. So I called down and informed the lady working the front desk (Kim I believe her name was...) and asked her for suggestions. She immediately offered to help and even took the liberty of going out on her free time to get all of the decorations. She ordered the cake which was baked just hours before we returned to our room after dinner, and spent more of her free time DECORATING our room. Yes you read that correctly- she did all of this expecting nothing in return except for a surprised birthday girl. I have traveled far and wide, stayed in more 5 star resorts then I care to recollect at the moment and I have never ever encountered such customer service as I did at National 9. Now I'll admit that National 9 is no Hilton or Hyatt, but given the choice- I would stay at National 9 hands down.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank DocdaRod
Novato, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

If you take it for what it is, a clean, simple, low-cost place to stay, this place fits the bill nicely.

I stayed here last weekend while on an overnight motorcycle trip with a friend. I had made accommodations ahead of time through the Magnus Hotels booking site. Don't do this! They lost the reservation and by the time we arrived at the motel, there were no 2 bed rooms left. Well, I couldn't exactly turn around and go home and I wasn't keen on sharing a bed with my buddy, so I asked what they could do. The girl at the front desk (I think her name was Kim) gave me the last 2 king-sized bed rooms for the price I would have paid for just one room! At this point I began to understand why this place has such good reviews.

It was a busy weekend in Placerville and we wanted to go out for dinner. Since alcohol and motorcycles don't mix, we were going to take a cab. Unfortunately, the cab company said it would take an hour for them to pick us up! Our hostess promptly volunteered her husband to drive us, in his car, to our restaurant. Yet another example of superb service!

The room itself was clean and comfortable, but basic. It had a cable TV and a fridge, which was good enough for me. Don't expect a pool or a hot breakfast (though you do get a complimentary continental 'grab and go' breakfast included with your stay. Bring your own shampoo. The motel is located off the highway next to a 2nd-rate shopping plaza. There are a couple restaurants nearby.

So, when you consider that the options are limited in this neck of the woods and that the service was amazing, I feel that this is a good place for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Don't book through the Magnus hotels website!