National 9 Inn
Best Western Plus Placerville Inn(Placerville)(Great Value!)
US$124
Historic Cary House Hotel(Placerville)(Great Value!)
US$114
Eden Vale Inn(Placerville)
US$323
US$249
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgold miningclose to downtowncheap hotelcoffee makerair constayed here for one nightrooms are nicewould stay here againtahoe
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel, for 2 nights. The room was very comfortable, clean and I agree with the other reviews too, the owners very accomadating for all your needs. Would definitely recommend this motel if staying in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank carol c
Reviewed August 13, 2011

stayed here to do white water rafting in coloma...a great rush. The "breakfast" might be considered sufficient but if you prefer something more substantial, there is a waffle house across the street. Beds were not super comfortable but adequate. Rooms were clean with a fridge and microwave. Good highway access.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David M
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We were on our way up to Lake Tahoe when our car broke down. We limped our way back down to Placerville and found a nice, clean motel, National 9 Inn, to stay the night. We couldn't drive our car so the young woman owner called us a taxi and told us a good place to eat. Then, after dinner she picked us up and brought us back to the motel. The next morning she arranged for a tow truck to tow us to Folsom to get our car repaired. She couldn't have been kinder or more helpful......and the motel was nice too! We would stay here again and I hope others will too.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yattety
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I checked in with my kids to a clean room. The staff was very nice and helpful . My husband works in placerville and I'm a few hrs away. So when I go to visit him we will continue to stay here! Good price and great people!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank 79loves66
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I'll start by admitting that I am a Hilton/ Hyatt kind of guy when it comes to vacation and travel lodging. So I was a little upset and confused when my wife reserved a room at National 9 MOTEL. She said the reviews were good and there wasn't much to choose from; so we decided to check it out and if it was dirty or unkept we would find somewhere else to stay. When we got to the motel my first impression was that it looked like a typical motel... nothing special really, but it appeared clean and orderly so we proceeded. My first impression of the staff was that they were unbelievably friendly and accommodating- as if customer service was the cornerstone on which they establish business relations... but I was still skeptical- this is the National 9 we're talking about not a big 5 star resort. We checked in and brought our stuff up to our room and on the way I thought to myself, "here we go, the dirties room ever..." but to my surprise the room was immaculately clean. It was my wife's birthday and we were up north on a whitewater rafting trip (which was planned for her birthday) but I wanted to do something special for her and I thought a birthday cake and candles would be a nice touch after dinner. So I called down and informed the lady working the front desk (Kim I believe her name was...) and asked her for suggestions. She immediately offered to help and even took the liberty of going out on her free time to get all of the decorations. She ordered the cake which was baked just hours before we returned to our room after dinner, and spent more of her free time DECORATING our room. Yes you read that correctly- she did all of this expecting nothing in return except for a surprised birthday girl. I have traveled far and wide, stayed in more 5 star resorts then I care to recollect at the moment and I have never ever encountered such customer service as I did at National 9. Now I'll admit that National 9 is no Hilton or Hyatt, but given the choice- I would stay at National 9 hands down.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple