“Wished we had gone elsewhere” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Placerville
vermont
“Wished we had gone elsewhere”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

We were in the area for a wedding in Coloma. Some friends chose this hotel and we joined them... It was right next to the highway (noisy) and very basic / blah. Our room was ok - but very motel-6 ish. You had to drive for anything - and I would have been happier spending more $$ at a B&B in Coloma. It was a long 25 minute drive to the wedding. Breakfast was fine - nothing special.

Room Tip: try not to be overlooking highway
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VT777

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Tracy, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

My kids and I escaped to the mountains for the weekend and found this hotel to be exactly what we were looking for! Comfortable, good price, clean with lots to do close by. Michelle checked us in and was very professional and accomodating, with 2 small children, I asked to placed away from business people. She put us in a great room that was convenient. She also provided us with information on what to do in the area. The Apple Hill Farms were GREAT! This is an upscale hotel with excellent service at a great value.

Room Tip: WHen you arrive, the lobby is not actually on what appears to be the 'first floor' because o...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Gilroy, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

From our room at the Best western Plus Placerville Inn ,the road noise very loud, the "White Noise"didn't help. When we made the reservation I was told that rooms faced Greenleaf drive ,the noise from highway 50 would not be a problem. At check out, Iwas tokld that how it is .

Room Tip: try rooms poolside
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Clovis, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

I live in Clovis, ca and I go to Placerville all the time for a getaway. I have stayed here on several occasions and I have never had any proablems. The staff is nice, Terry does his job and is very helpful. When ever I needed something they were right there to help me out. I don't think I would stay anywhere else but here, don't even care if a [place was $20.00 cheaper, You can't find a better place to stay when you travel through the town of Placerville.
Thanks
Laurie

Room Tip: I personally like the rooms with the sliding glass door and small patio. I find those rooms to be mo...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

This used to be a really good hotel. What has made it crappy to me is when I checked in and was greeted by a very hostile woman at the front desk in the afternoon who would not accommodate any of my requests and talked down to me. I had stayed here for years and always requested a smoking room which was always honored. upon check in she rudely informed me that the hotel has no smoking at all. I was never informed of this by email or anything.
ALSO. I have always had wifi Internet here in the years past. Never a problem. Guess what? It now doesn't work. I brought this up with the late night people and was given a cable to plug into the wall Internet.
Guess what. It works for 20 seconds then drops.
What happened here. I would not recommend this hotel any more. It used to be one of my fav's. Now it's just horrible.
Too bad.

• Stayed October 2011
Southern California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed for 2 nights at this Best Western. The room was a nice size, did not use the safe or microwave. Nice touch though, as well as mini fridge. Breakfast okay. Had the make your own waffles, cereal, juice, packaged sweet rolls. Advertisement on side of building said "full" breakfast...Not! (unless you count hard boiled eggs as making it a full one). Room quiet. It was hot while we were there. A/C ran okay, but had to weight the curtains against the windowsill at night, or they just ballooned out and A/C went up to the ceiling, not into the room.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Dillon, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

We so enjoyed our night here, we had been riding a motorcycle for approx 10 hours when we found this hotel, thanks to a local! Our room was spotless clean, friendly staff even called us when we got in our room to make sure all was well. There is a family run Mexican restaurant right next door that was wonderful and very friendly also, we had a great meal and a fantastic margarita! Will stay again if we get the chance.

Room Tip: This is a little hard to find, but with the help of a local we found it with no problem.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placerville
3.7 km away
Mother Lode Motel
#5 of 5 in Placerville
22.0 km away
The Historic American River Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Placerville Inn? Share your experiences!