“Nice Place, Good Food”

Chop Chop Korean BBQ
Ranked #42 of 134 Restaurants in Pleasant Hill
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed May 27, 2016

This restaurant has large booths with large granite tables. It was not busy at lunch time and we were able to have a quiet meal. I'm not familiar with Korean food but I had a meal from the lunch menu which included salmon and mackerel; the salmon was good but a bit dry from being cooked too long but the mackerel, which I've never had before, was delicious with lots of oil. The meal was preceded by by a tray of appetizers; small servings of several varieties. The service was excellent but it seemed like it took a little long for an additional order of mackerel to come.

Reviewed September 15, 2015

This is the best Korean food I've had in years. I got bi bim bap (one of my favorites) in the stone bowl (so the rice on the bottom forms that lovely golden crust). It was available with tofu or any of their bulgogi meats (chicken, beef, spicy pork, etc.). I got the spicy pork and the waitress let me pick the amount of spiciness. She warned me that it's a lot of food, but I was happy to get it and have leftovers to take home.

It was done to perfection. The meat was flavorful and tender, the veggies were just right. It came with 6 sides, and they were a perfect balance for the bi bim bap: some cool and spicy, some warm and medium-spiced, some cool and salty, etc.

When I asked for 2 to-go boxes (one for the hot food, one for the sides), the waitress said to leave the sides I hadn't finished and brought out a prepared box of a whole new set of sides (as much as I had originally had) and offered more rice to take with me. Talk about generous!

If you like Korean food (or are just curious about trying it), I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed April 8, 2015

We went to this restaurant 3x and we had good meals each time. I love the Korean seafood pancake, the japchae, the spicy bbq pork, etc. The little side dishes (banchan) are also really delicious and my friend told us that those are refillable, so we asked for specific sides we especially like. Very yummy and I never went home hungry after eating here. My only regret is that I would probably never come here by myself as it's more of a restaurant for at least 2 people.

Reviewed December 15, 2014 via mobile

We went there the other day to have dinner.

Had Spicey Bugogi Chicken and the traditional beef Bugogi. Seasoning was good and the side dishes were not particularly bad either.
However, the meat quality was really bad. Chewy and quite fat chicken and beef parts. I was not impressed.
The complimentary soup did pretty much not taste like anything.

What I liked about the restaurant is that is is family run and it does not seem to be part of a huge chain. The family was really nice and rhe service was good.

I like supporting family owned businesses, but unfortunately I won't go back to this restaurant again.

Reviewed September 29, 2014

After breaking through into Korean food a few years ago (I thought Korean BBQ was a kind of barbecue sauce), and kimchi was well... smelly (now I make my own), I spent years driving to Oakland. My gasoline bill for KBBQ took a bite out of my monthly food budget, but that is all in the past. Chop Chop finally came to the rescue. The large , granite top tables with in table braisers make cooking with your friends a joy. Banchan side dishes and bibimbap are all great. Pleasant Hill has a little more Seoul now.

1  Thank stevoco