See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 3, 2015

Among the most reasonably priced in over-priced Contra Costa. Clean rooms, helpful staff, even though on one of busiest streets in the area it's amazingly quiet! Good location. Near shopping with good access to BART.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jumpup67
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are glad that you liked the stay at Pleasant Hill Inn.
We also serve a complimentary breakfast in the morning from 6:30 to 9:30 and we hope you would love our breakfast too.

Looking forward to accommodate all your future stays.

Manager

Reviewed April 16, 2015

Due to the bad reviews of this hotel, I was not sure I wanted to stay at the Pleasant Hill Inn when we came to California for a birthday celebration. But since family members lived in the area, they had booked the hotel for us for three nights. However, once we arrived, we found that the front desk staff were very nice and the lobby looked like it had been updated. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that our room had been freshly painted and a new carpet put down. There was a new flat screen TV on top of the dresser and new linens on the bed. The king bed was also very comfortable with an array of pillows to chose from. We also found that our room was very clean. However, not everything had been refurbished. You could still see the chips on the furniture and the chips that had been repaired in the bathtub, but they were minor issues. The towels in the bathroom were on the thin side and could stand to be replaced, but they were not a problem for us. At first I thought the shower did not work, but when my husband fiddled with the showerhead, we realized that someone had just turned the spray off. When the showerhead was adjusted, the shower worked just fine. In the morning, we found that the continental breakfast was better than average (bagels, pastries, fresh fruit, assorted breads, dry cereal, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee, etc.), but you had to get there early or there was not much to choose from. But all in all, I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel and we had a comfortable stay.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Helen V
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay at our property and are going to renovate our property very soon, to meet all the expectations of our guests.

We are looking forward to accommodate all your future stays and be sure to meet your comfort levels.

Manager.

Reviewed January 20, 2015

I checked in and the guy at the front desk was really rude i think i wake him. once I got to my room the tv didn't work called downstairs and all he could tell me was unplug it after a hour I just left and went somewhere else

Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank Kesha J
Reviewed January 11, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here because of the price. That's the only good thing I can say about this hotel. The room needs updating. The phone didn't work. We were supposed to have breakfast but there wasn't any. I would not recommend this place at all.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank pfw403
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us.

First of all, We do apologize for any inconvenience you may had during your stay with us.
We are currently renovating all of our rooms and I guess, the room you stayed might have not been renovated yet.

Our complimentary breakfast was from 6:30 Am to 9:30 Am every morning. We are sure that by your next stay, we will have all rooms renovated and you will make sure we meet your comfort levels.

Thank you.
Manager

Reviewed December 20, 2014

I stayed at the place for the location and the price. I've stayed at another place in the area (Marriott Courtyard) but due to their price increases, decided to try the Pleasant Hill Inn.

The place needs to be gutted and upgraded to get to the point. The carpets are worn, furniture is delaminated, chair was stained, TV was an old CRT type with no accessible DVD player (some sort of "box" with a lock on it had video cables running to the front jacks of the set), bed spread was old (but clean). The place is generally clean but a big "dingy". If I were staying more than a night, I'd consider another place unless all you're going to do is sleep in the place. It's a bit depressing. Fortunately, most of the time I was there my eyes were closed.

The person there for check in was friendly. When I tried to check out at 11 AM, I rang the bell and no one came. Tried it again and no one came so I just left the card key in the basket.

I didn't try the abbreviated breakfast (didn't have the time). WiFi works.

I'd suspect their finances are prohibiting upgrading the place.

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Pleasant_Hill_Inn, Manager at Pleasant Hill Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review.

We totally understand your point, and we have started re modelling out hotel with new flat screen TV'ss , wall paints, carpets and much more.

Hopefully your next stay will be very pleasantfull and would always work to meet your expectations.

Management