“Things to know before you go.....”
Review of The Rose Hotel

The Rose Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Pleasanton
San Francisco, California
“Things to know before you go.....”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The hotel is lovely, with lots of nice amenities. Their website has a nice short video worth watching. Here's what is missing...I found the beds to be very firm and that lack the comfort of most 4-5 star hotels. Also, the feather pillows were extremely flat and need replacing. Finally, there is minimal dresser drawer and nightstand space, doubtfully enough for two people on a multi-night stay. While the bathrooms resemble a Four Seasons, they lacked a bathroom scale, and the towel allocation was limited. For most, the other amenities, service, nice size rooms, special touches throughout the hotel, etc. will offset these items that annoyed me. I would rate the hotel design/decor/special touches 4.5 - Close to a boutique 5.0 if the bedding were more luxurious and drawer storage added.

• Stayed August 2011
tom w, General Manager at The Rose Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
Guest comments are a great tool to use for improving customer service and we appreciate receiving them. Regarding this review, we can solve the issues of additional towels and storage space on request to the front desk. However, the bedding is a little more difficult as our standard is a firm mattress which seems to suit most guests. We can provide alternative pillows but I'm afraid we can't alter the mattress. Hopefully the other amenities overcome this issue and look forward to serving this guest in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Rose Hotel in downtown Pleasanton, It is a European type small hotel. The rooms are very well decorated and nicely maintained. They have a very nice breakfast in the morning.
This is a great place to celebrate a special occasion or a weekend getaway.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 15 July 2011

NYC would easily pay $5-700 for a room like this and not get service this good. Rooms fabulously appointed with a hint of patina all solid wood furniture and construction. Bathrooms are very well appointed. They even supply candles. Great happy hour in the comfortable lobby. Breakfast buffet is more than ample. Lots of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We stayed at The Rose Hotel during a recent trip to California for college visits for my daughter. While Pleasanton is quite a distance from the Bay Area in traffic, it's nice to stay in a place that feels a little smaller and less busy. The beautifully appointed hotel provided cookies each evening as well as other treats scattered around the lobby. The ladies at the desk were beyond helpful providing us with directions, menus and restaurant recommendations, and friendly service. The morning we left we needed to be at the Oakland airport by 5:00 am and were going to miss out on eating Breakfast, but the woman at the desk kindly made sure we had more than enough to eat, not wanting us to leave hungry. At the top of the elevator the hotel had a basket of fresh fruit as well as granola bars. Their small exercise room was lovely with televisions for all of the treadmills and ellipticals. Our room was fantastic and included French press coffee as well as a huge selection of tea. Each evening the hotel provided a turn down service complete with chocolates. Service and attention to detail are the stars at The Rose and they provide five star service and accommodations without the feeling of a huge impersonal luxury resort. I sure didn't want to leave and would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I often stay here for work and love it every time. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, the rooms are huge and are very clean and comfortable, bathrooms are very nice, amenities are amazing. I don't have one complaint about this hotel. I have never had a bad experience here.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My daughter and I stayed at The Rose Hotel for several days while in Pleasanton. We were there to look for an apartment for my daughter who will be starting a job in June in the Pleasanton area. We arrived very late but were greeted warmly with a speedy check-in and a quick reminder about their breakfast served in the lobby in the morning.
Our room was a double and it was huge! The beds were very comfortable: not too hard and not too soft. The linens on the beds felt wonderful after a long flight from the east coast. The bathroom is also huge and well appointed with nice toiletries, towels, and a hair dryer.
The next morning we helped ourselves to a spectacular breakfast buffet that featured fresh fruit, pastries, smoked, chilled salmon, assorted breakfast cereals and yogurts, and also juices, teas, and coffees. It was delicious and the eating area was very pleasant with some tables and chairs, as well as some couches and chairs set up around the lobby.
When we returned from apartment hunting in the late afternoon, the same area that had been used as breakfast was now set up as a bar and we had a few drinks and really enjoyed learning more about the area from the bartender.
The Rose Hotel is a very small, nice hotel situated right in downtown Pleasanton. There are many shops, boutiques, and interesting restaurants nearby. I would definitely stay there again, especially when I return to visit my daughter after she has moved!

• Stayed April 2011
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 3 February 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Rose several times and it is a beautiful hotel. In November 2010, we had planned another stay and I changed our reservations, which caused me to forget our actual arrival date. I called to cancel our reservation thinking I was two days before the check-in room date. I was wrong and made the cancelation call one day before our arrival date. While I take full responsibility, I was very surprised that the Management at the Rose hotel did not offer to work with us as to being charged the penalty of one night stay, which was $282.82. Management’s remark over the phone was “it’s a business and the policy in 48 hours cancellation”. Ok, I get it and I understand the written policy, but I do not under the Rose business practices. I have traveled the world and have stay at many Hotels more than once. Repeat customers are the core to any business. We were repeat customers at the Rose and had planned to stay at this property when visiting family in Pleasanton. I was frustrated with the Rose management for not taking into account that we are repeat customers. It appears the Rose Hotel is only interested in profits and not customer service. Since nothing was offered to help us with the one night penalty charge and of the rude behavior of Rose’s Management, we will never stay at this property again and will not recommend this property to business associates, friends and family. We will stay at another Hotel in Pleasanton where the management respects repeat customers and understands the fundamentals in basic business practices where it’s extremely important to retain satisfied repeat customers.

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Allen5000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pleasanton
5.6 km away
4.9 km away
Best Western Plus Pleasanton Inn
4.8 km away
Hyatt Place Dublin/Pleasanton

Been to The Rose Hotel? Share your experiences!