“One of my prior favorite restaurants has gone downhill”
Review of Girasole - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West. Las Positas
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I'll start by saying that this used to be a favorite restaurant of mine and several of my colleagues and friends. However, while the menu remains interesting and some of the food we had recently was tasty, the service and the attitude of the staff and particularly the management have made it such that neither I nor the people I have recently dined with there ever intend to return. In this economy, you would think that they would embrace the business, particularly since this group's former sister restaurant, the BigHorn Grill in San Ramon closed earlier this year. But it is clear that they do not appreciate their customers. My friends and I thought perhaps that we had just caught them on a bad night, but when I returned with another group within a couple of weeks, I encountered the same attitude and issues. They feature a lot of coupons in the town magazines, the Entertainment book and in some local mailers. However, the servers have repeatedly refused to process their coupons. When it is politely brought to their attention, the servers show complete frustration and seem to have the attitude that how dare you attempt to use a coupon. If they don't intend to accept coupons, they should quit placing ads and sending mailers with coupons. Clearly the servers have been instructed to first ignore any coupons and then to accept them only if a customer insists. My fellow diners were outright stunned at this. There are so many other nice restaurants with friendly and grateful staff and management in Pleasanton and in nearby Dublin, that I would recommend that you dine elsewhere.

1  Thank AndersenTraveler

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 28, 2008

It was ok, not excited to go there again, bit overpriced and not a lot on the menu

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 25, 2008

their signuture dish is scozy bread..stuffed with blue cheese ..yum

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook