“Diner Charm”

Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Marlene & Glen's Diner, featuring an almost unlimited menu of homemade comfort food for breakfast and lunch. With a full bar and family atmosphere, Marlene & Glen’s is the best place to start a tour of the wine country or foothill adventure!
Reviewed October 23, 2017 via mobile

We went to Marlene and Glen’s based on a recommendation from a gal at a local winery. The food was of the “greasy spoon” variety and delicious! Huge portions, so my boyfriend and I shared. It was quite busy so it was a good thing we weren’t in a rush. Every employee was friendly, and cared about our comfort and experience!

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Great to visit for breakfast or lunch, there's a lot to choose from on their menu. Food is fresh, service is friendly, and lots of antique memorabilia to check out throughout the restaurant. Great to eat at before exploring the vineyards.

Reviewed September 29, 2017

Karen waited on me and she was a hoot

The chicken fried is bought frozen and deep fried, a bad trend everywhere. They did bread their own pork, not sure what cut but it was HUGE. Sadly they deepfried it though

Eggs were perfect, toast good, coffee kept coming. Cottage fries were made there and had peppers and onions, tasty

You have to waddle out of this place you eat so much. My breakfast was the only meal I ate that day

1  Thank vintagetrailer
Reviewed September 6, 2017

My husband and I ate here for the first time this morning. We arrived late morning and both had breakfast meals. I ordered scrambled eggs with country potatoes, bacon and a biscuit. My husband had the Denver omelette with biscuits and gravy and a pancake. I was surprised when the waiter asked me if I wanted my bacon cooked "soft, medium or crispy." I was also asked if I wanted peppers and onions in my potatoes. My husband was asked if he wanted his hashbrowns cooked soft or crispy? And was cheddar cheese okay for the omelette? Here at this diner, it appears that they want to cook your food the way you want it and I thought this was a big plus. My bacon came to me cooked perfectly (I am a big bacon fan) and I enjoyed the rest of my breakfast as well. The biscuit was homemade and had a great buttermilk flavor and texture, unlike the bland biscuits served by many restaurants. My husband also liked his omelette and said the Denver omelette was filled with lots of ingredients: big chunks of ham and lots of cheese. My husband was also pleased with the large glasses (really huge mugs) we were given of water for me and soda for him. Service was pleasant and attentive. The other people working in the diner were all cheerful and friendly. It has a real down home atmosphere. The diner is cheerfully decorated with Coca Cola memorabilia and colorful red booths. I was a little concerned when we first went inside and I noticed the floor was dirty. This is the only negative I have for the place. Prices are not cheap here for breakfast but not excessively high either. I would definitely recommend stopping here for a meal. After you eat take a drive up the road on E-16 and see the beautiful Shenandoah Valley with all the vineyards and wineries. It is a special place. Not too far away is also adorable little Fiddletown, a historic town well worth a visit.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I always make time to go to this fantastic diner when in or near Plymouth. Best pancakes, best benedicts, biscuits are the things of legend, and even the simplest of tater tots are outstanding. Great food, great service, and great diner! I could actually sit there all day and watch these amazing people cook and just marvel at the sheer awesomeness!