“Has a Great Vibe”
Review of Boar's Breath

Boar's Breath
Ranked #12 of 54 Restaurants in Port Hueneme
Description: Your local hole-in-the-wall burger joint! Serving up huge, delicious gourmet burgers with fresh daily pretzel buns from Ann's Bakery right here in Port Hueneme. Family owned and lovingly run, our little spot also boasts 10 beers on tap from local breweries such as Ventura County Brewing Co., Madewest, Institution Brewery, Silva Brewing, Figueroa Mountain, and more! Come watch the big game on one of our four TVs, or come in for happy hour for $1.50 off tap beers and 50 cent homemade large juicy wings. Order by phone or online at our website, or just mosey on in! We're waiting for you!
Reviewed June 21, 2018

I found Boar's Breath online and decided to try it because the menu sounded interesting. When I arrived there I was surprised because I wasn't expecting it to be a bit of a dive. It's okay though because it has a nice vibe. The employees were very nice and seemed to know everyone that came in. That's always a good sign. As far as the food goes, it was pretty tasty. I ordered the Not Yo Mama Burger based on the photo in the menu which made it look really good. It did not disappoint. I had it with a side of garlic chips. It was a wonderful meal. I would definitely try Boar's Breath again.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

The service was good and we did not wait long for our food. Our waitress was very friendly, she even went that extra mile of getting me hard cider. For beer drinkers, there are different beers on draught.
I had a Greek burger and a side of garlic chips, my partner had a double kick burger with cheese and a side of steak fries. Both burgers were very big and tasy too. The chips and fries came with 3 different dips.
Overall it was worth visiting.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

Thought we would try someplace new and found this place online. Boy, we’re we pleased! Big, juicy burgers with delicious sauces and accoutrements served on a pretzel bun. The pretzel bun is wonderful because it doesn’t fall apart under the onslaught of juices and toppings. Their steak fries are perfection and the coating on the onion rings is light and crispy. They serve beer, too!! You’ve gotta try this place!

J H, Owner at Boar's Breath, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

Thank you for your review Jsr! And thanks so much for coming in. We are thrilled you loved your experience!

Reviewed December 31, 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here multiple times and have had several thi vs off the menu, all are excellent. Burgers, salads, pastrami, gyros, Philly cheese steak are all great. Great atmosphere and service!

J H, Owner at Boar's Breath, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2018

Hey Rwagz! Thanks so much for your continued business, and for taking the time to write a review! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

When simple is done right it's amazing but when it's taken to the next level with creative sauces, perfect seasonings, premium ingredients and perfect execution it's out of this world! Do yourself a favor and be sure to hit this place up. A great rewards program too!