“Very nice Very clean”

Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Poway
Reviewed 3 May 2010

This was a good choice for us. We needed to visit Ramona, Ca. for a party and it was only 1/2 hour one way. This BW is well kept, clean, has laundry facil. small pool, and a good refer in the room. The cont. breakfast is well laid out, plenty for us. I had two rooms adjoining and it worked out well. The walls are little thin, and the parking is mostly in the rear because the majority of parking in the front is handicap. So if you are in the front rooms, you trek. Imelda the hostess was great and very helpful with the restaurants. She has free appetizer coupons for the Brigitine Seafood restaurant on the corner. We didn't go there but it was recommended to us twice. We would def retrurn here next time. Oh, the bed was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 April 2010

Check in was easy, food was good, check out was fast. Only person I had contact with was Tim and he was very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2010

This is our second stay at this hotel, both times have been due to a sport event for my young son. So from running around -back and forth to met our times for his sporting event it got very tiring and to come back to the hotel and actually relax was great. We spent time on the balcony with the other parents and it was very quiet. It was what we needed after long hectic days. The only thing I would improve if I could was a bigger variety of breakfast dont' get me wrong it was great but a bit more would help for the long days.. I love coffee and I wish it was available ALL day and more in the rooms...

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
bwpowaygm, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2010

Thank you for your response! Beginning Monday, February 15th, we will be expanding the bakery selection of our breakfast area. Also, as always our complimentary coffee is available in the lobby from 6:30am to 10:30pm daily. If you have any additional comments or suggestions, please feel free to contact me.

858-748-6320

Reviewed 3 February 2010

I paid $55 per night which was a top bargain. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was good enough at least you can find something to fill your stomach. If you are looking a clean and simple place, this would be the one.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
bwpowaygm, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We look forward to seeing you on your next stay. If there is anything we can do to make you next stay more enjoyable, please feel free to contact me.

858-748-6320

Reviewed 7 January 2010

We have stayed at the Country Inn many times and have always had a very good experience. The front desk (Marcia) went out of her way to help us. She called prior to our trip to double check our accomodations, so when we arrived everything was ready. There is no better place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
bwpowaygm, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2010

Thank you for sharing your comments! If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Reviewed 25 October 2009

This was my second stay at the Best Western in Poway and again everything was great. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. They try very hard to accommodate any request that you have. The breakfast is great with lots of choices. The rooms are super clean, modern, and comfortable. It is in a quiet area just down the street from lots of restaurants and stores. I've stayed at over 25 hotels so far this year for both business and vacation travel. This is one of the best places that I've stayed at and a really good value for the money. It is refreshing to stay at a hotel that has such nice people working there! If you are in the Poway area, I would definitely recommend staying at this Best Western!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
bwpowaygm, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2009

Thank you for your review! If there is anything at all we can do to make your next stay even better, please feel free to contact us at anytime!

Reviewed 5 October 2009

Booked this stay for part seminar, part leisure travel, sight unseen. I originally booked via AAA for one night. When I decided to stay a second night I called the hotel and asked if they would extend the reservation at the same rate. I spoke with Mary Violet; she was very nice and accommodated my request.

We arrived late that evening and the check-in process went very quick. I was pleasantly surprised with the size and amenities of the room. Although some people may not prefer the sink in the kitchenette rather than the bathroom, it's not really a big deal. There are other large mirrors in the room to perform most of your morning routine. The kitchenette had a large microwave, refrigerator larger than the standard mini, toaster, mini coffee pot, and a stove with pots, pans, dishes and flatware.

Marcia was very friendly and helpful throughout our entire stay. The breakfast was much more than a standard continental and the waffle maker was a neat touch! The area itself is clean and secure and it is not a long drive at all down to the harbor.

This property definitely exceeded my expectations. Contrary to some other reviews on this property, I would recommend it. The new management is obviously doing an excellent job at making this a comfortable place to stay. Thanks Tim and staff!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
bwpowaygm, General Manager at Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2009

Thank you for staying with us! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you next time. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better, please let us know. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poway
2.8 km away
8.9 km away
Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar
5.5 km away
Residence Inn San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Carmel Mountain Ranch

Been to Best Western Poway/San Diego Hotel? Share your experiences!