All reviewsfishfrog racesfun activitiesevery mealbeautiful placewranglerssaloonweddinghorsespondgamesmartycreeklodgegangsprintgranddaughter
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed for two days to try it out. The staff are so friendly and helpful. We were there early in the season - late May - during the week, so there were only a few of us there as guests. We got royal treatment! The horses were in good condition, and made the trail rides quite enjoyable. I'd never ridden before, and enjoyed it very much. Accommodations are comfortable, very quite area. Everyone eats together in the dining room, so easy to meet and talk to the other guests and staff. Very nice, heated pool. So beautiful at the ranch. I would definitely recommend this as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: There are lots of room types to choose from. I left it up to the Ranch to choose for us. We got a two bedroom, one bath "room" for 3 of us. It was perfect. But were busy enjoying the ranch so didn't spend much time in the room except to sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 555Ontheroadagain
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Greenhorn is where I am the happiest and my content, for that week that I'm there I don't have a single worry, I don't even want my phone, and I feel so safe and at home. My whole family has been coming here since I was 9, I have celebrated multiple birthdays here, and I met my best friends here. I'm now 19 and am still best friends with the group of people I met here when I was 10 even though they are scattered all over California and the United States. The wranglers and staff are so caring, loving, and welcoming I couldn't imagine not coming here every year I plan on being here every year with my family and that same group of friends for the rest of my life. Anyone looking for a fun filled, homey, beautiful setting, and memories to last a life time I highly recommend greenhorn. Not to mention the horseback riding, frog catching and racing, karaoke, line and swing dancing, the softball game, and the adios party are the best!! :)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Greenhornoutlaw13
Reviewed April 22, 2014

So pictures first of all don't do this ranch justice because it is breathtaking! I had my wedding here which was actually a wedding weekend. We all stayed Friday-Sunday. The staff is AMAZING!!! Made us feel right at home. If you're considering for a wedding.. you surely don't need a wedding coordinator because they have the amazing Cynthia on hand who can take care of stuff for you and provide that service. They made us feel like family! The food was awesome. Amenities were perfect. Everyone keeps telling us how it was so much fun. Can't wait to go visit when I'm back in Reno this Summer for their Friday night BBQ. Thanks for such an amazing time!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Greenhorn Guest Ranch is set in the beautiful forests of the Sierra Nevada Mountains in northeastern California. The staff is very friendly, and owners Ralph and Trish make everyone feel at home. There is riding every morning and afternoon for all levels. The horses are well cared for and well behaved. There are two lovely ponds for those who like to fish or just enjoy their beauty. The skies were the most beautiful blue for the entire six days I was there. The night time activities were fun-bonfires, karaoke, horseshoe tournament, wagon ride. This is definitely a ranch to which I would return.

Room Tip: I would try to book a trip here when there is not a big event like a wedding or seminar planned.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 17, 2013

On September 5th 2 friends and I ventured out to preview 3 different guest ranches in Northern Calif. in preparation for a weeks stay next year. We have stayed at a wonderful guest ranch in central Calif but were looking to try something new.

Greenhorn Creek Guest Ranch was our last stop and we are so glad the last was the best! We only spent the night without riding or partaking of most of the activities but it was clear this ranch has it all. The staff were the most friendly and helpful we have ever seen. The facilities were well maintained and very clean. Although we only had breakfast it was delicious. The warm peach muffins were the BEST.

Can't wait to return next year for the full experience!!!

Room Tip: The cabins are rustic but provide a great porch to sit on. Some lodge rooms are themed (John Wayne, etc)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank chucka949