All reviewsfishfrog racesfun activitiesevery mealbeautiful placewranglerssaloonweddinghorsespondgamesmartycreeklodgegangsprintgranddaughter
Reviewed November 9, 2015

This was our 12th annual week at Greenhorn. We love being in the Sierra foothills for a week away from city life. The owners and staff are warm and welcoming; the wranglers are expert horse riders and teachers; the kitchen staff provide great food. It is a wonderful place to kick back and relax.

Room Tip: We prefer the cabins over the lodge
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank oldermomma
Reviewed October 1, 2015

I've been to many ranches in the States and all over Europe and this was one of the best places ever! If you love horses, cowboys, rustic country athmosphere, singing and dancing, this is definitely The Place to go. I went with a friend and we chose to go outside of high season, for our main focus was on horseback riding and didn't care too much about any other activities or evening enterntainment, which weren't available during the low season. Still managed to make the time fly (around the bonfire and in the Saloon) with the other guests and the most wonderful hosts Trish and Ralf and the amazing ranch staff and their family and friends.
On most advanced rides there were just the two of us with our wrangler so we literally ended up having our own private rides. The horses were super and so were the very versatile trails. The landscape was stunning, with lots of opportunities for long relaxing lopes. Our wranglers were fun and obviously very skilled with a loooong experience with horses. I learned a lot from them. I cannot think of enough superlatives of how to describe the overall experience.

Room Tip: I only saw 2 rooms and it seemed the rooms without bunkbeds are a little bigger.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2015 via mobile

I recently visited the greenhorn creek guest ranch for a wedding and have to say it was an amazing time. The staff and owners were always there to help in any way to make the stay and experience pleasurable. They have a beautiful ranch with lots of activities for kids to adults such as fishing, horse back riding, quads, hiking and much more. The cabins were clean yet still had an old fashion feel and look to them. The chef, Nate, was amazing with his own homemade BBQ sauce. I will be returning in the future. Thank you again to the staff for a wonderful experience.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2015

After being at Greenhorn Ranch in 2013 we (2 adults, 1 teenager) needed to come back this year. For us it is an 11 hour flight from Germany, but it was worth every minute. Here is what you can expect:
- A beautiful, well maintained ranch, located in a place of breathtaking beauty.
- Friendly, helpful and competent staff.
- Well trained horses for each skill level of riding, horses come up readily saddled (kind of unusual for us, we are uses to do this on our own), all you need to do is sit down in the saddle and enjoy.
- A schedule beside horseback riding that never leaves you without a thing to to (softball, skeet shooting, fishing, frog races, karaoke,...) if you want to.
- You will be feeling like a guest rather than like a customer.
My personal memory: Sitting on the deck in front of the saloon, having a cold beer. Body is a little sore after a long ride. Looking down into the valley. Trying to think of something making this moment even better. Nothing comes to my mind.
Love this place!

Stayed: July 2015
2  Thank FalkRoesner
Reviewed August 4, 2015

We went for our third year in a row a few weeks ago and have our next year's visit already scheduled. Such an amazing vacation! This ranch is so beautiful and relaxing and my whole family loves it --mom, dad, 2 daughters (19 and 17 years old). The riding trails are gorgeous as well. The staff is so welcoming and helpful. Greenhorn ranch is so amazing and we love it!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
Sara F, Public Relations Manager at Greenhorn Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Howdy!
I'm Sara, and I am pretty new at Greenhorn. I have to say, I love working there, and I have loved exploring the ranch and all the beings here. We believe horses are good for the soul, and making memories with your family is what counts most.
Thank you for your wonderful comment. If you were here riding yesterday, you'd have been riding in the snow! Yes, it snowed. We're calling it Junuary.
Please stay in touch with what we're doing on our website, greenhornranch.com, and on our FB page, Greenhorn Creek Guest Ranch. We'd love it if you wanted to share pictures from your time with us.
Happy Trails!