Free cancellation until 29/07
US$95
  • Free Internet
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$94
Chalet View Lodge(Graeagle)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
  • Free Internet
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$150
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$168/night.

All reviewsfishfun activitiesevery mealsaloonweddinghorsespondgamescreeklodgegangsprint
Reviewed June 27, 2016

My father has taken my 11 year old son to the Greenhorn Ranch twice now, once in December 2015 and once in June 2016. Each time my son comes back with fantastic stories of campfires, great food, horseback riding, frog racing, and fishing. The staff even remembered my son on this latest visit and were very excited to see him. My son was able to ride up to three times in one day or opt out and participate in other ranch lifestyle activities. My son can't wait until he is older so he can go back and work on the ranch. Thank you all so much for being so wonderful to my son and father! We shall see you all soon!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Melissa O
Sara F, Marketing Assistant to Trish at Greenhorn Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Hey there,
We're happy to know that a Wrangler was born out of Greenhorn Ranch. Something else that makes us happy is seeing different generations hanging out together; making memories. It's kinda like life should be more like camp.
We love to see what folks were up to during their stay here. You can share pictures with us on Facebook at Greenhorn Creek Guest Ranch.

Happy trails and happy memories,
The Greenhorn Gang

Reviewed May 22, 2016

Having spent some time in San Francisco and Las Vegas, it was great to get to the ranch and unwind. Trish and Ralph were so welcoming, as were all the staff, they made sure we were well looked after.

Riding the trails was amazing, my partner is a great horse rider but as for me i was a little nervous about riding, however our wrangler Jonathan was great, made sure i was ok and gave me good advise and by the end of our stay i was much more confident on a horse.

Such a beautiful place, can't wait to going back.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Streath

Hi there,
Thanks for sharing that message. We really believe horses are good for the soul. We even started an equine therapy program. But, they're just cool to be around. So large and powerful, yet so wanting to belong and eternally watching.
Anytime you want to come back and put some chaps and a cowboy hat on, we'll be ready for ya. You can keep up with what we're doing on our website, greenhornranch.com or on our Facebook page: Greenhorn Creek Guest Ranch.

Happy Trails from the Greenhorn Gang

Reviewed January 1, 2016

Our family and 4 kids (ages 6, 8, 10, and 13) have absolutely loved our past 3 trips to Greenhorn Creek Guest Ranch! The kids all definitely want to go back again next summer (2016).

We have been to Greenhorn Creek Guest Ranch twice for one-week summer family vacations and once for a long weekend in the Fall because we all wanted to go back again as soon as possible before the winter. All of our trips have been filled with fantastic horse-back riding that has allowed our kids to advance their skills and increase their confidence in riding out in the beautiful Sierras, including trotting, loping and some pretty exciting off-trail bushwhacking and rodeo games.

The food has always been good with hot options for every meal, plus a yogurt/fruit/cereal bar at breakfast and a salad bar and sandwich station available at lunch and dinner in addition to the main courses which are served family style at dinner. They also were able to accommodate different dietary restrictions such as gluten-free and vegetarian choices. Three meals a day, plus early morning coffee, smores by the campfire at night, and snacks/beverages available all day in the saloon.

The ranch activities are all either centered around horse back riding or several outdoor activities by the pond and saloon area that are central to the ranch and steps away from the cabins or lodge. Our kids love to fish in the lagoon/pond, and the weekly frog-catching and frog-racing competition is a FANTASTIC evening event with the kids serving as 'jockeys' to get their frogs to race to the finish line on the floor of the saloon and then release them back in the pond until the next week's competition.

The cabins are rather rustic and 'no frills', but they are very comfortable and convenient to the riding and activities, and they include stall showers and bathrooms in each cabin/room.

My husband and I really enjoy these vacations because we get family time with the kids and a lot of relaxing time with each other without having to cook or plan activities. We simply get to focus on having a good time, and we know that our kids are in good hands whether they are with us, out on the trails or exploring the ranch with the wranglers, hanging out in the 'saloon', or hanging out with other kids that they meet each time we go. We sometimes choose to ride with the kids and also ride separately with other adults and the awesome wranglers whom we have grown to consider close friends.

It's a great family vacation in the unplugged outdoors that is a bit rustic, but our kids all love it, and my husband and I get to ride, relax and have fun without worrying about a thing.

Room Tip: Cabins are great for families - two rooms that connect if you have a larger family.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Sand_and_sn0w
Reviewed November 9, 2015

This was our 12th annual week at Greenhorn. We love being in the Sierra foothills for a week away from city life. The owners and staff are warm and welcoming; the wranglers are expert horse riders and teachers; the kitchen staff provide great food. It is a wonderful place to kick back and relax.

Room Tip: We prefer the cabins over the lodge
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank oldermomma
Reviewed October 1, 2015

I've been to many ranches in the States and all over Europe and this was one of the best places ever! If you love horses, cowboys, rustic country athmosphere, singing and dancing, this is definitely The Place to go. I went with a friend and we chose to go outside of high season, for our main focus was on horseback riding and didn't care too much about any other activities or evening enterntainment, which weren't available during the low season. Still managed to make the time fly (around the bonfire and in the Saloon) with the other guests and the most wonderful hosts Trish and Ralf and the amazing ranch staff and their family and friends.
On most advanced rides there were just the two of us with our wrangler so we literally ended up having our own private rides. The horses were super and so were the very versatile trails. The landscape was stunning, with lots of opportunities for long relaxing lopes. Our wranglers were fun and obviously very skilled with a loooong experience with horses. I learned a lot from them. I cannot think of enough superlatives of how to describe the overall experience.

Room Tip: I only saw 2 rooms and it seemed the rooms without bunkbeds are a little bigger.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends