All reviews room was clean third floor would stay again free breakfast tina folsom
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

I in error booked this hotel through Hotel.com. It is located on Folsom, the Comfort Inn I intended to book was off Folsom. I was told by a Rep I would not be penalized based on actually trying to book in Sac, not Rancho Cordova. A week later they pull the money out of my account and refuse to reimburse, even after it was explained to them the error. Reading the reviews of the condition of the hotel and the rudeness of the staff, I understand why they refused. Do yourself a favor and go to the Sacramento-University location.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2018

Dear Guest, We are so sorry to hear that there was some sort of problem with your reservation and that you booked our hotel in error. We note that your booking was made through one of our booking partners. If you are staying with us, or indeed any hotel, again, do consider booking directly with the hotel, and issues such as this will be much less likely to occur.

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I spent two nights at this remodeled but still very basic motel off the exit ramp on Highway 50 in Rancho Cordova. The room was OK. The breakfast was a paper plate and cellophane affair and had about as much flavor and finesse as an airline meal in super economy. So the hotel delivers advertised comfort at a fair price—nothing more, nothing less. If I could stop here, the hotel would get a unmemorable thumbs up from me.

Now the rest of the story...Several weeks later as I am reviewing the bills to be paid for the month, I see a $200 charge.. it was not the deposit which was noted with a debit and credit. I write the hotel and the manager politely informs me that a $200 punitive fee was added to my bill because we violated the hotels “no pet” policy.
My partner suffers a seizure disorder and requires the assistance of service animal to warn her and me of seizures in advance of their onset. This allows the seizures to be shorter in duration and for her to be positioned for safety when they begin. This warning provided by the dog is a blessing and probably is even a good thing for hotels and businesses who are relieved of the burden of reacting to a medical situation about which they may know little. . During our stay at comfort Onn, my partner has two seizures that we handled without notice or assistance.

I again explained that under California law, service animals are not “pets” and hotels are prohibited from banning such animals and may not charge additional fees or assess penalties.

The manager refused to reverse the charge or even answer our complaint. Realizing that people sometimes try to pass off the family pet as a service animal, I provided the manger with the fog’s registration data and a letter from her physician further certifying the dog as a legitimate service animal.

The response from the hotel was essentially we can charge you so we will. How did these folks choose the hospitality business? They robbed us of $200 in violation of the law and common decency.

Shame on Comfort Inn and Suites!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank teddyb908
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2018

Dear Teddy, We are very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience during your recent stay with us. We hope you could give us another opportunity to provide you with a better stay next time.

Reviewed June 20, 2018

Checking in was great, the front desk lady was nice and got me checked in quickly, however, I was told there would be a washing machine in the room. None was present. I purchased a king suite and this 'suite' is a tiny room with a king bed and a couch. The A/C broke at 1am and it was ridiculously humid in the room. There were bugs all over the ceiling and walls, ants were on the counters in the restroom and table, and I have bite marks from bed bugs. Now, I accidentally spilled my drink and so I tried cleaning it up and when it wouldn't come out I went to the front desk and asked for some sort of cleaner to clean it up; and I specifically told the front desk lady, I will clean it up, I do not have money for a fee and she told me, "No its fine just leave it, we wont charge you" Upon checking out, I was charged $150 by the same lady who just told me they would not! I can talk about how the pool was dirty, the outside trashes were filled, and the parking lots were dirty as well. In conclusion, if you want a dirty, dishonest hotel then I suggest staying at this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ellis B
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2018

Dear Ellis, Thank you for taking the time to write and let us know about your recent experience at our hotel. We were naturally disappointed to see that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations. Bugs are a most annoying pest that every hotel is forced to deal with from time to time - they gain access to hotel rooms very easily, and are very difficult for housekeeping staff to see. Please be rest assured that in addition to the preventative measures that we take, all incidents notified to us are acted upon immediately, and since receiving your comments, our pest control partners have examined your bedroom, and dealt with any issues appropriately. Please feel free to contact our team directly to discuss the charging issue further. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Just a view of the freeway but just needed a clean cool place to sleep and it fit the bill. The room was clean, the breakfast good. This was a very busy weekend in the area and we felt fortunate to have found this hotel. Easy to get to our sites for play.

Date of stay: May 2018
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Dear Guest, We were glad to hear that your stay with us was to your satisfaction. We enjoyed being your host and would love to do so again, if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

The lobby is updated and clean. The elevator has scratches carved into it, from probably gangs. The walkway on the second and third floor is concrete and dirty. Trash cans outside of rooms. The room was dated and general clean.

The breakfast area is way too small. If more than three people are trying to get food, it’s a traffic jam. The eggs were in squares. The first morning they were cold.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Rancho Cordova, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Dear Belinda, Although glad that our property suited your needs in terms of cleanliness, we were disappointed that you didn't love your time with us. We will ensure that your comments are discussed further with our team, for improvement purposes. We would love to welcome you back, to impress you with our service, when you are next visiting the area.