“Gone down hill!”

Applebee's
Ranked #119 of 174 Restaurants in Rancho Cordova
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

We use to come here about every other week with friends and their kids. Unfortunately, they have had a lot of front house staff change and a chef change. The food is not as good as it use to be and and they changed the menu to increase food prices. Have not been back.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed December 11, 2016

We decided to try Applebees again,but again the experience was disappointing. I ordered a salad and it came with my meal about 30 minutes instead of coming before the meal .They also overcharged my husbands meal where the sides that should've been included with his steak. The waitress didnt come over to refill the drinks or water. when we were ready to pay, it took over 30 minutes to get someone to our table to pay. We will never go back to this Applebees. Sometime I think the people who works there, doesnt really want to work. Maybe, this Applebee should close up due to bad service.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed October 20, 2016

A group of us from out of town went to Applebee's due to the fact that we all had good experiences at Applebee's in lot's of cities. A bit disappointed this time. Some meals were good - some just ok. My chicken was overdone but edible. Our server was nice but we did seem to have to wait quite a while to get our meals. Applebee's is usually pretty good but not this time.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed July 21, 2016

Close to the highway. Looking for better than fast food, but not wanting to waste a lot of time, find someplace else.

The place is not that busy, but every aspect of service is slow. Getting Drinks, getting appetizer for the $2 for $20/$25 and eventually getting the meal.

The god thing is that they have the device at the table that let's you pay and get away when you want.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

We went to Applebee's for a family dinner. Our appetizers and house salads didn't come to us until 35 minutes later after we made our initial order. Than were received our dinner after 45 minutes. We had to have remind our waiter several times to check on our food. I felt it wasn't the waiters fault but there must've been a problem in the kitchen. My son ordered an upgrade on the steak from 6 o.z to 8 oz, but when he received it, the steak looked smaller than a 8 oz steak. We brought this issue to the manager and she swears it was an 8 oz, but when we compared it to my husbands, it was smaller. She took it back and brought out another steak which definitely was 8 oz steak. Things went a little better, but when it came to pay our bill, again it took approximately 30 minutes. My son was so angry that he had a talk with the manager. We had decided not to ever return back, but the manager did a nice thing and indicated since we had problems after problems she wrote off our dinner. She did us good at the end.

Date of visit: May 2016