“Bacon Milkshake--wow!!”

Price range: US$15 - US$60
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Slater's 50/50 was founded in 2009 in Anaheim Hills, California by Scott Slater. Teaming up with Executive Chef Brad Lyons, they created the world's first 50/50 Burger - 50 percent ground bacon and 50 percent ground beef - taking the Southern California restaurant scene by storm.In 2011, the second Slater's 50/50 opened in Huntington Beach followed quickly by the San Diego location. Since opening, Slater's 50/50 has won a number of awards and accolades including "Best Burger" by The Orange County Register, OC Weekly and FOX 5 San Diego as well as "Best New Restaurant" by San Diego Magazine.
Reviewed March 26, 2016

Bacon milkshake, need I say more?!?! Okay, I will. ;-) The Bison & Bacon Burger was also excellent, as were the Buffalo Lime hot wings. Friendly and efficient service and pleasant ambience. All-in-all, totally worthy my while.

Reviewed March 24, 2016

I am a burger fanatic. I have eaten great burgers (and some bad ones too) all over the world. Slater's 50/50 is a standout. Their signature half beef/half bacon burger is unique....but their offerings don't stop there. if you are hungry for a gvreat burger....this is the BEST in the Rancho CooCoo area.

Reviewed March 23, 2016

I don't quite get the big appear of this place. Ok, I do, it's bacon, but outside of that it was ok food at ok prices with ok service. If there is no wait I am happy enough to go there, but the wait on weekends and evenings can be crazy and in my opinion it isn't worth it.

Reviewed March 17, 2016

Service was excellent. Food wasn't bad, just wasn't as good as hoped. Would go again, but would know a little better what to order, and how to order it. Nice atmosphere. Need MORE bottled, domestic beers!

Reviewed March 16, 2016

We are no strangers to Slaters 50/50. As of now, we've been to 4 of the 6 locations, but the Rancho location is my favorite. Some of the locations have the tables packed in so tight you sometimes feel like you are sharing dinner with your neighbor. This one makes good use of the space, but at a comfortable distance from the other diners.
If you have never been before, the idea is you can order off the menu or craft your own burger starting with the patty type and size, toppings, cheese and bun. Their signature patty (and namesake) is the 50/50, half ground beef, half ground bacon. Yes, it is just as good as it sounds.
Our last visit, I decided to try the bison patty and it was fantastic. I got it no bun, just over spring mix with alfalfa sprouts, slaw, blue cheese, and sriracha mayo to the side. The meat was perfect, not to dried out (which is easy to do with a lean meat like bison). We also ordered the Vampire Dip to share. As unbelievable as a 50 percent bacon 50 percent beef patty sounds, the Vampire Dip may be one step better. What it is is a mix of cheese, garlic, artichoke, and heaven.
All together, great meal and then some as we had enough to take home leftovers for breakfast.