“Lunch with during family visit to Upton, California ”

Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Being from North Carolina, I was a little hesitant when my brother want to have lunch. Let me say that Lucille’s Smokehouse Bar-B-Que can give North Carolina BBQ a run for it’s money. I ordered the pork ribs and my sister ordered the pulled pork. Portions at lunch large enough to share. The sides were awesome -greens seasoned to perfection, Mac and cheese very cheesy and creamy. My brother got the beef ribs and potato salad. Taste like my mother’s along with the deviled eggs. Oh yeah and the biscuits and cornbread great. I didn’t have dessert, but they looked delicious. It is a must have place to eat if you visit the area.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Every time I come to California, I have to make a stop at Lucille’s. The beef ribs are amazing!!! And I always get the peach lemonade. Love this place!

Reviewed June 11, 2018

I have been to this location at least 10 times since they opened and it seems that it gets a little worse every time. At first the main complaint was that it always took a VERY long time to get seated - busy mall location and people willing to wait for over an hour or more.
As time went on, other chinks came - a takeout order where the quality and quantity was not even close to the same thing you would get in the restaurant. We over ordered for a large group and ran out of food during the first serving.
Some of the favorite menu items began to go up in price and down in the flavor and quality. The braised southern greens were cold and meager, the pulled pork sandwich had less meat and the jambalaya was short on the various meat items.
Now the staff has started to decline as well. We got a server who was convinced that using a VERY fake southern accent would be a good idea. Both my wife (TN and AR) and I (VA and TX) have some experience and even mentioned that her accent sounded put on. She slipped up a few times but continued to work on it at our expense.
Sorry to say, my love for Cajun and barbeque doesn't keep me from being very disappointed here.

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

Great food, cute decor and friendly helpful staff! Enjoyed our visit to Lucille’s in Victoria Gardens. Brisket was delicious-it came with a rubbing sauce, but we also had their 3 types of barbecue sauce (Memphis sauce was my fav).

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Bbq, the corn bread, drinks in mason jars. Great decor and atmosphere. Food is always good. Near theater so easy to grab food before or after a movie