“Conference for a week”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Montreal
“Conference for a week”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was at the hotel for one week. We were lucky enough to be booked into a suite which was very comfortable, we slept great ! I found that the conference went very smoothly, I loved the outside terrace where we had both a lunch and all breakfasts. The spa was great, I was able to book what I wanted on the same day. I only wish that we had not been there on the one day of the year where it rained for several hours. The hotel staff were nonetheless very helpful !

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
RanchoLasPalmas, Manager at Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Travelat50,
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your week with us and that the conference went well. It's too bad you had to be here during our rainy day but we hope that we'll be able to welcome you back ago soon for a very sunny vacation!
Sincerely, Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Was at RLP for 7 nights. Good service. Nice upgrades in the bathroom of the suites. Very large rooms in all the suites. Could entertain 20+ people within the suite. Great outside cafe and fire pit. Very pleased in the service and accomodations.

Room Tip: The property is fairly large so if you have a problem walking, request a room in the 400-800 range.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Menifee, California
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I have stayed at the Rancho Las Palmas a couple of times and it is my favorite resort for a weekend getaway. Everything about the staff and service is top notch. The grounds are gorgeous. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I was extremely pleased with Rancho Las Palmas. I booked one night for my wedding as the ceremony and reception were at a private residence in the area. I booked a King Vista room but when I checked in I was told I was upgraded to a suite. When I arrived at the room I found a complimetary bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting. The room overlooked the golf course. I can't complain about the weather as it was sunny and 72 degrees. My new bride was extremely happy when she saw the room. Blu ember was a nice place for a few drinks with friends. They had an outdoor area with firepits and live music. The only complaint I have is the room service breakfast was $78 for two people and that was just some eggs and bacon and a smoothie. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
kikineedsbeach
Reviewed 4 February 2012

rooms are smelly like musty, with a bad strong perfume soap smell covering vomit smell. We asked to see 3 different rooms because of the smell in the first one. We didn’t get away from the smell no matter what we did.

There is that weird plaster cottage cheese on walls. Small bathtub with shower combined. Can't take a clean bath. There were dirty wine glasses out side our door that we passed at least 15 times on our way in and out of our room. Never were they cleaned up. I took a photo but can't find it right now. The rooms had dusty corners and dust in the creases of the sofa bed. We asked for a duvet cover for the sofa bed and were told "there's a blanket in the closet". Right, we saw the blanket, we want a clean sheeted duvet cover. Not a blanket that is used and then folded back without being washed.

Flat screen tv is not high definition my 8 year old says the picture is "pixilated". Food at Blu Ember is very chi chi weird like there is nothing to eat. Look at the menu online, you’ll see. Hot dog at pool was nasty. Turkey dog instead of beef, very mealy, not hot, lukewarm at best. When we asked it it was a turkey dog, yes, they said, but it didn't say that on the menu.

The bathrobes are the fancy velvet type, trimmed with a satin cord around the edges, and the robes are badly frayed. So as the rope trim wears away it leaves behind the plastic or nylon or polyester sewn onto the edges of the robe. The rope trim had become like barbed wire! The edges on your bathrobes are barbed. They scratch your skin. This is on both robes provided in the closet. Well I didn’t call housekeeping for more robes because at that point understood that if they are putting such an item into a guest room for the guests’ comfort, they actually have no clue whatsoever about what is happening in their hotel or how comfort and hospitality works.

Pool is fun for kids but gets old after a few hours. Would never see being there for more than a weekend. We lasted one night.

Need:
earplugs
Incense
To Go home

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank kikineedsbeach
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 1 February 2012

This property is located approximately 15-20 minutes from Palm Springs airport. It is a nice hotel, the rooms are large, the beds are nice, bathroom is good. The personnel on the property are very nice and very helpful. Blu Ember is a good restaurant with good food that has a nice outdoor patio with firepits and live music at night. The indoor bar is not bad either. The property is located across the street from a mall area called The River which has a multitude of upscale chain restaurants, so there are also other food choices within walking distance of the hotel.

The only problem I have with this property is the golf courses. They have 3 nine hole courses (North, South, West) for which they charge $115 for morning tee times for 18 holes in the high season. The West 9 holes is supposed to be the best and a couple of the holes come up next to the patio of Blu Ember. We played the North/West combination for our 18 holes and the course is not worth $115. It is very short and not in great shape. With all the golf choices in the Palm Springs area, I would not recommend the courses at Rancho Las Palmas.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Joey B
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We stayed for two nights as part of our honeymoon fly-drive. We were very pleased with our stay and although we didn’t get the weather (it was November), we enjoyed the use of the pool and Splashtopia (in reality just a lazy river run and a couple of slides – but very nice).

We stayed in a Vista room and it was really nice, very big and furnished very smartly, I’m not sure how long ago it was done but it all looked very modern. The balcony was lovely and we enjoyed the complimentary fizz and strawberries overlooking the golf course.

We had a really nice breakfast at BluEmber and whilst it wasn’t cheap, it was very good. There is also a cafe area in the courtyard behind the main reception which does good snacks. The staff were very good and there is obvious pride in the upkeep of the resort.

The only thing that really held it back from full marks was that we had a problem with the hot water in the morning, but to be fair this was fixed very promptly.

We will be back for sure!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
6.6 km away
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
10.8 km away
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!