We are Starwood vacation home owners. We have stayed at this Westin resort many times in the past.
We also are Starwood Gold Members.
Recently for some reason Starwood kept calling us to give us a some super special on a Vacation Package, after months of refusal we finally took the deal.
Turns out we could not make the date I booked, I manage the kids T-Ball team. Bad dates, our fault.
So we called and tried to change the date. They said no. After some brief banter back and forth, we finally relented and asked if we could give it to some one else.
They finally said that would be fine.
They then told me we will have to check in with them. I said WHAT? They said we must be present on check in...
Now, since I do own a few hotels I know that you can do a 3rd Party Auth, hotels do them all the time.
So I called the Hotel directly, the manager got on the phone and told me we had to be present at check in.
I told the Manager - I will fax over my ID / CC and a forum you should have no issue. He then told me since this was done though SALES and the SALES DEPT. finds out they might change it to RACK RATE. I told him that is just non-sense and he knows it.
He then said he just could not promise anything.
I said ok, so let me get this straight, I spend thousands and thousands with Starwood every year, I own a time share with Starwood, but you will not allow us to do a 3rd party Auth and will force us to drive all the way to Palm Springs from Los Angeles on a Friday to check some one else in ( this 2.5 hour drive one way, coming back could 3 or 4 due to traffic ).
So in the car my wife went and drove all the way to Palm Spring from Los Angeles, she started at 2Pm and did not return until 7:30 PM, ( yes the drive is that awful on a Friday ).
She checked in and put our guests names ont eh register and signed off everything.
The manager then came out and apologized and offered us 10,000 Starwood points for their completely dis-regard for loyal customers.
She said thank you, walked our guest to the room, walked them around the grounds and then left.
When she returned I asked her everything was, she told me it looked as thought the place was starting to become run down a bit and she felt very insulted by the managers 10,000 point offer.
She said the manager was doing it out of some strange obligation or something, not once did he ever mention any wrong doing and felt they were completely justified by their actions.
Well we feel we have had about enough with those type of customer service antics and will be taking our business elsewhere...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa is a Palm Springs resort and hotel where the picturesque mountain views and secluded location create the perfect escape. Our Palm Springs hotel is the perfect place to unwind. Enjoy the best Palm Springs Golf on one of our championship courses, lounge at any of our three pools, splash down our 75-foot waterslide or enjoy a delectable meal at one of our Palm Springs restaurant options, including the on-site restaurant Pinzimini. A soothing sanctuary awaits those looking for a rejuvenating desert retreat with our expansive Palm Springs resort spa featuring treatments for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Mission Hills Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Westin Mission Hills Resort And Spa
- Westin Rancho Mirage
- Palm Springs Westin
- Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa Rancho Mirage, California Desert, CA