4,178 results
All reviewsspa poolcatalina islandocean viewcatalina kitchenfamily poolbeautiful propertymain poolbusiness conferencethe main hotelsouthern californialobby barlos angelesfire pitfitness centerfour seasonsfamily vacationsea beans
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Recently stayed at Terranea. The grounds are breathtaking. I especially loved the secluded cove.We sat on rocks and watched dolohins, seals and birds. The most beautful sunset I have ever seen off the cliffs of Palas Verdes.
We had an ocean front room which was nice, the bathroom was the best feature in the room but the door slammed shut everytime it was opened which was very loud and annoying. The staff is friendly. Great Boutique. Was disappointed with the dining options. We had a drink at the Grill while waiting to sit in the Catalina Kitchen restaurant. We were told by the staff at Catalina that this was the fine dining option but later found out there is another option called Mar'sel after reading the Terranea magazine in the room. Skip Catalina Kitche and make a reservation for Mar'sel. Catalina Kitchen seemed like a cruise ship dining experience. Very loud, dinner in under 10 min, no ambience. Nelsons is great for a drink but was super crowded. Overall great stay and would like to return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank cbe0824
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I am a person of few words, but I wanted to take a moment to recognize the outstanding job this resort did to make my wife and my experience a great one. From time of check to check out and everything in between we felt special. Check in was friendly, the room was spotless, the onsite rest.'s were outstanding and the sun sets from Nelson's topped off each night. The spa and spa pool were very relaxing and my wife and I being avide hikers/walkers enjoyed the trail system that extends through the property. My thanks to the staff for great service...you made my week. PS ask fro the Ocean view sun set side.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view sun set side on floors 2 or higher
1  Thank LeVoyageur4
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Beautiful resort on the tip of the Palos Verdes peninsula. We stayed in a one bedroom casita with a fully equiped kitchen, laundry room, bath with shower and tub, living room and bedroom. The unit was furnished very well.
The grounds of the property are spectacular with a walking trail on the cliff next to the ocean. The fitness center was equipped with anything one would want or need for a great workout.
We will return.

1  Thank fleish
Reviewed February 28, 2012

My fiance surprised me to a hotel stay at Terranea Resort, we stayed at one of the casitas. The view was spectacular. Inside the hotel, was amazing. I felt like I was staying at a model home or a vacation home. I didn't want to leave because I really felt homey. The rooms were separated, it has a living room, kitchen & dining, fully furnish and inside the kitchen, they include basic cooking & dining supplies. So yes, it even has a dishwasher, a baking pan, a blender, toaster, knives, wine glasses, etc. The view....OH THE VIEW...definitely spectacular. I wish we stayed for more than 1 night.
I only gave this place 4 stars because I didn't stay here long enough to have any contact with the staff. Although we did ask if there was anyone available to give us information or a tour of their venues for wedding, they stated we had to make an appointment. We came from Chino, so it would have been a far drive for us to come back, so we were a bit disappointed. Other than that, I'm sure their overall service is great.
I definitely recommend this place; it's beautiful and just a perfect local getaway.

1  Thank Daisy4yoo
Reviewed February 27, 2012

We loved Terranea. Everything was way beyond what we expected and we truly cant wait to go back again soon and next time with our kids!!!

3  Thank JenniferLevinson