We live in Los Angeles and going to Terranea is like going to a 5 Star Mexican Resort without the bother of air travel. For all others outside of Los Angeles, it is a fabulous property worth traveling for. During our stay there were multiple weddings on the property, and this brought people in from around the country - making it fun at the pool and restaurants. Our room was fantastic, and I don't think there are any that are short of that. Once on the property, you don't have to leave unless you want to see the sights of Los Angeles. We were there for 4 days and didn't leave. We enjoyed the days at the adult pool (plenty of great people from the late 20's on up), the family pool is great if you have kids or want to go down the slide, and if you want serenity you can go to the spa pool (there is something for everyone so you can't complain). We started each day at the gym, went to Sea Beans for coffee and a light breakfast, hung out at the adult pool and ate lunch there, went for a late afternoon hike and watched the sunset, and ate dinner at a different restaurant on the property each night - all were fantastic for what was advertised. There is no way this property can't be rated as excellent - location is one of a kind, well maintained, everyone says hello with a smile, food is fantastic for the different types of restaurants on the property, rooms are spacious and clean, and we were lucky - the weather couldn't be any better. The only thing that could limit you here is yourself, so relax and enjoy it all. We will be back again and again, and hope to see you there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terranea Resort blends beautifully into an oceanfront promontory on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. Located just 20 miles from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), the 582-room resort includes guestrooms, suites, bungalows, casitas and villas and a host of world-class amenities with 135,000 square feet of conference and meeting space. This Earth-friendly, picturesque Mediterranean-style resort offers guests spectacular Farm-to-Terranea dining venues, a world-class spa, four oceanfront pools, and a family-friendly nine-hole par-3 golf course with short-game practice facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Terranea Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terranea Hotel Rancho Palos Verdes
- Terranea Resort Rancho Palos Verdes