“Adorable cabin!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Redcrest Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Redcrest
Redcrest Resort
Elk Grove, California
“Adorable cabin!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

We loved our stay at Redcrest! The cabin was cute, cozy, and tidy. Bedding was pleasantly comfortable. Kitchen was tiny but fun to cook in. The rest of the cabin was plenty spacious. We were there two nights but would have been happy to stay longer. It is situated right on the Avenue of the Giants (north end) and is therefore a perfect location if you are staying there to see the redwoods. (BTW, there was no telephone there and our cell phone didn't get reception so it is a great place to truly "get away.")

Room Tip: We were in cabin #2 which has 2 bedrooms and 3 beds.
Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

I travel to Northern California, frequently and love traveling down the Avenue of the Giants. I decided to make it my destination. Staying at the Redcrest Resort is like going to visit family. Everyone there is so welcoming and really do make you feel special. The cabins are clean, and welcoming. After a long day of hiking it felt like I was coming home, not a hotel room. They have provided everything you could need. There is a full kitchen which saves money from having to eat out for every meal and adds to the homey feeling. I would tell anybody thinking about staying here it is a must. It is a little piece of heaven on earth, right in the middle of the most beautiful stretch of Redwoods. I actually made a reservation for three weeks from now, as I was checking out. I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2011

This was the perfect place to stay right in the heart of the Redwoods. We stayed in cabins 2 & 3, which worked great because I have 3 young boys & grandparents came. The boys played on the swings, slide, horse shoes, ping pong (need new table soon) & pump the tether ball up & perfect. We roasted s'mores since they provide wood. The kitchens were fully stocked which was great. We were close to Founders Grove, Shrine drive thru tree, Rockefeller Grove & the eel river. I bet summer would be a great time to visit but we really enjoyed no crowds. Ferndale was cute town, but go early if it's off season before they close up for the day.
I highly recommend these cabins for anyone. The gift shop had really cute things in there too. I am sure we will be back again next year.

Room Tip: Quieter end starts with cabin 1.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CherylReno
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

We loved this place! After seeing some poor reviews about this business, I was hesitant to book it for our one-night stay as we passed through the Redwoods. BUT, we have absolutely zero bad things to say about this establishment and the customer service we received! In fact, it was one of the highlights of our trip.

The woman who greeted us was very helpful and friendly. The cabin we rented, I believe cabin #11 (they have a variety of different cabins for different numbers of people), was a cozy, quaint little place to stay, as it is only meant to be for 2 people. It was basically a bedroom and a bathroom, with a small fridge and microwave. It is a no-frills establishment. But, we weren't there to stay in our cabin - we were there to do all of the great hikes which are a short short drive from the cabin. You really can't beat the location of this resort, as it is the closest establishment I know of to Founder's Grove, Rockefeller Loop, and the Grieg-French-Bell Grove (amazing), among others.

I think you just need to have realistic expectations when going to this resort. It is a quant little place with cozy little cabins, and not a lot of frills. In our stay it was quiet, peaceful, and a great little get-away. We thought the price was great for the value we received. It was a beautiful place to get away from the bigger chain hotels to go to a family run establishment. And, as mentioned before, a great location. If your trip purpose was similar to ours, which was to go on hikes in the Redwoods in the area and have a simple place to lay your head at night., this PLACE IS GREAT!

It was a great place to stay for us and we would definitely go back again when we visit the Redwoods.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AdventureIsOutThere7
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

We stayed for 1 night in the larger cabins then 2 nights in Eureka and again at the cabins for another night staying in the smaller cabins. The only complaint I have is that we did not stay long enough!! Hoping to return in Spring next year but this time for a full week. At first i have to admit I wasnt into staying in such a secluded area, Im more city than country. But i am so glad i did it basically turned my veiws around and I loved it. The cabins were so clean and as 1 reveiwer sais cute cute cute and just simply cute. The air in the morning is so incrediable no words can describe how good it felt breathing it into your lungs. The gentleman, I am sure he was the owner ( sorry cant remember his name) he was a real gentleman, and the little gift shop has so much interesting things anyone would want to buy to take home. It was winter when we were there and very quiet but i can only imagione what its like during the warmer seasons. Cant wait to return.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Grayland WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2010

I have just returned from a wonderful week in the Humboldt Redwoods at Redcrest Resort. It was a dream come true to have my own little cottage home in this beautiful place.
The cabins are clean, cozy, quiet, well-kept, warm, and cute cute cute!
Thw Gift shop is great and even has a penny squishing machine!
The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful.
I had my little dog with me, and he had a great time, too. We loved having our own little fully stocked kitchen. We were able to buy groceries in Garberville and Fortuna, but there are also small markets in many of the other small towns in the area. I did my laundry in Fortuna on my way back from the nice little town of Ferndale (be sure to check out the cemetary if you go there!). The 23 mile drive from 101 to Shelter Cove is in good repair and the counrtyside is beautiful. The Blacksand Beach was well worth the drive.
There was no cell phone reception at Redcrest, but there was within a few miles up on 101. The Resort also has WiFi available.
Before I left on my road trip I read all the reviews of this Resort and, of course, found all the negative comments, but the photos swayed me to give the place a chance, and I am SO glad that I did, as my stay there was simply wonderful. Oh, and there was PLENTY of hot water!
There are many things to see within 50 miles of Redcrest: cute small towns, gift shops, very friendly locals, a glassblower who is truly an artist, Victorian architechture, the Visitor Center at the Humboldt Redwoods State Park which has much information on the local history as well as the forest. There are many places to hike and picnic in this amazing ancient forest.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank mrscow
NorCal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2009

Sad to read some negative reviews here about this sweet little get-away in the Redwoods!

In June 07, I stayed in these cabins. I was in the area for the 30th Annual Redwood Run at the time. Everything south was booked solid. Redcrest had one little cabin available for one night and they allowed me to have it at their off-season price. Additionally, the management made arrangements for me to stay at another nearby motel up the road on my second night. On the third day in the area, the management of this fine little cabin retreat called me and said they had my cabin available if I wanted to stay with them. I did so, and again, they gave it to me at the off-season rate while everyone else in a fifty mile radius was charging premium prices because of the event.

I personally would recommend this place as a nice little weekend getaway. For those folks that need their Starbucks latte and internet connection in the morning then this place is not for you. This place is perfect for an escape from our so called modern world. I loved it and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
1 Thank NORCAL-EZRIDER
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redcrest
39.5 km away
Dean Creek Resort
#1 of 1 in Redway
26.3 km away
The Redwood Riverwalk Hotel

Been to Redcrest Resort? Share your experiences!