“Less money well spent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Seattle, Washington
“Less money well spent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

This was my first time to Los Angeles. My partner has been there a few times, and he wanted us to stay by the beach. I didn't know what to expect. This was a great family hotel. When I arrived, the person at the counter explained where everything was and helped us rent a car. The lobby had a well equipped business center. The hotel had a good overall decor with a hot-tub on site. The room was large, nice, hard wood floor, comfortable beds, clean with regular amenities and a super wi-fi.

In the evening we walked out to the beach , which is two block away through beautiful residential neighborhood. The pier is big, busy and colorful with almost every kind of shops, restaunts, bars, music and a lot of marina activities. There was a good continental breakfast in the morning. Whale watching was fun about 3 hours excursion by the boat just for $18 per person next day .

Over all, it was an excellent stay and I would definitely return to this hotel next time.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KathyWhte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is a small motel right on the PCH and 3 blocks due east of the Redondo harbors. It's a very easy walk, plus the esplanade extends north toward Hermosa (it keeps going; it's just that to clear the harbor area you might have to walk through parking ramps, lots and on street sidewalks - follow the cyclists and runners) and south all the way to Palos Verdes. My room was downstairs and opened onto a back patio with tables and a hot tub. But because I had a patio door, there were no windows. You might want to consider that if you like fresh air but don't want to keep the door open. My room fridge had no temperature control so my bottled water froze solid each night. The ice machine was broken and the vending selections are poor. Housekeeping needs more attention. One day my wash cloths were not replaced. Because the floors are hardwood, they are easy to clean; but slippery when wet. One lamp shade was torn. Unless you have experience with Direct TV, channel surfing can be aggravating. Parking is all underground except if you have a handicap authorization. You'll need to walk up the stairs or the auto ramp. A small starter breakfast is offered that includes waffles. The apple juice was O.K. but the orange juice tasted like flavored water. Wi-fi is available and there's a tiny business center. Prices are posted, Because it's on the PCH there are restaurants and groceries within a 2-minute drive. The Redondo Pier also has entertainment and eating facitlities but, for now, lots of it is being remodeled. The fishing pier usually bustles with valley visitors throughout the night. Even with a late night check-in, fishers should still be there. The best shops I found were at Riviera Village about 2 miles south. This is also the best beach, and from there you can hike along the beach and up on the bluffs of the Palos Verdes peninsula. Both LAX and LGB are equi-distant but LGB is much more manageable. Remember, there's no luxury here; just a place to crash a few nights and store your belongings.

Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed here over the holidays. It was a horrible experience. The staff was rude, the manager was even worst. The place was under construction the entire time. This was a point that was never mentioned before I had checked in. I was repeatedly asked to change rooms so construction could be done on the room I was in. There was no apology, financial consideration or assistance with my daily moving around room to room. There was no peace or quiet and no effort to consider the customer in any shape form or fashion. It ruined my Holiday experience and I would NEVER consider staying at this rat trap again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MicheleMiami_FL
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

We came into LA for one night so we could go to The Price is Right the next day. My friend picked the hotel because it offered a free breakfast in the morning plus it was so easy to get to and was walking distance to the beach also had a fridge and microwave. She got there early that day and we had waited to book our room once we got into LA. When we got to the property, the front desk gal asked us if we wanted to see the room first since she said it was one of their smaller rooms. Honestly, I didn't care how big our room was. I didn't plan on moving since the rest of our party was staying there. But she wasn't kidding. It was a queen, or so she said, but I believe that bed was a double. We have a queen and it was smaller than ours. I believe our room number was 209. It was tiny and faced PCH. Smelled really strong of smoke which is probably why they had the windows open when we got to it. My husband and I stood side by side with our arms stretched out from fingertip to fingertip, that was exactly the length from one side of the room to the other! COZY!Bathroom door had to always be closed otherwise you couldn't use the sink or mirror to get ready. While I was trying to get ready, once my husband got out of the shower and open the door, poof, I was all fogged out! I did love sleeping with the street noises. Bed wasn't that comfortable but the pillows were okay. Room was pretty clean expect in the corner where I slept. Looked like they had sweeped that area in a while. Room had a fridge and microwave which looked to be from the beginning of time. But they worked.
The morning breakfast was AWESOME!! We were able to make our own waffles before heading out. The guy at the front desk was so nice in the morning to help us figure out our directions to CBS studios. Easy check out. I would stay there again, but husband said he wouldn't.
Our friends room was huge compared to ours =)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

We stayed here twice at the end of March and 12th of April and had a lovely time. The rooms were big, had a fridge and even a microwave. Apart from that, they also offer complimentary breakfast and free parking. I would also like to thank Ashley for her invaluable help with just about everything from directions to letting me use the phone for an urgent call when we arrived. It's literally a 5 minute walk to the beach and within close proximity to really nice shopping areas. It's a nice base to explore L.A. And would not hesitate to come back and recommend to my friends.

Room Tip: Take the ground floor rooms if you have heavy luggage as there are no lifts.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank L0NGT1ME
Hobart, IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

My family and I stayed in this hotel from 4/10 through 4/14. It was a very pleasant stay. The room was big enough for 4 people and the bed were comfortable. The office staff was very friendly and house keeping did an exellent job. It was close to the beach and many wonderful places to eat. The little breakfast that was served worked well for us. We fell in love with the waffle maker. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Tamela P
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is a very average Ramada. The rooms are very small and the floors are cheap wood laminate. The plumbing from other rooms are very loud. The rooms on the first floor back out to a common area with tables, chairs and hot tub but which limits privacy and the sliding doors seem flimsy. The TV's are old tubes but there are many channels on the DirecTV satellite and the internet is free.

The hotel location is so so - this hotel is on a busy stretch of PCH with an awkward motor court and underground parking (free). On the plus side, it's only 10 minutes walk to the beach esplanade and Redondo pier. Rental bikes appear to be available.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends