“Excellent Chinese Restaurant”

Emerald Garden Restaurant
Ranked #196 of 322 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed September 29, 2014

I have been eating here for over eleven years. This establishment has been a fixture in the neighborhood for close to thirty years. The selection at this restaurant is varied as every Chinese dish you could possibly think of ordering is offered on their menu. The former owners recently sold the business two years ago. The new owners, realizing the appeal of the food and the fact that the establishment is supported by the continued patronage of their regular neighborhood customers; they retained the service of the same chef. The restaurant has always offered free home delivery and that service continues even today. The food taste is excellent and when you enter the establishment you are made to feel welcome. The former owners were excellent at this and the new owners have kept up the tradition of making their customers feel important. If you are looking for very reasonably priced, excellent tasting, Chinese food, I would recommend the Emerald Garden Restaurant.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We went to the Emerald Garden Restaurant this week based on the reviews under Yelp - we went there with a positive attitude and we positively will never go back. The place is SOOOOO filthy and they have a "A" in the window. The food: marginal at best - my husband and I had the "Hot and Sour" soup which was acceptable, then it went downhill from there......the meat (Beef Szechuan and the other beef dish my husband had) tasted like leather. We were looking forward to having a nice lunch out - UGH. If you still go there, check out where you enter to go to the Mens'/Womens' restrooms and in the restrooms - absolutely DIRTY - I'm surprised the health department hasn't closed them down. There was only one other couple eating at one table - the waitress was yacking with a friend and never came to take our order. I ended up going to the front of the restaurant to get our order placed. I am happy that the locals enjoy it and have positive comments - they must not eat out often.