“Catch-a-lobster tank?”

Mickie Finnz Fish House & Bar
Ranked #251 of 333 Restaurants in Redondo Beach
Reviewed June 29, 2015

We ate here on a Sunday night. It was mostly empty. The restaurant has fun, cheerful decor, except for the arcade machine in the back which is a tank crowded with lobsters, and you put in quarters to maneuver the claw and try to catch one. I'm no bleeding heart but I didn't enjoy eating my dinner while the lobsters squiggled their antennae at me.

I was with a couple family members - I had the tortilla soup, very good, and the chimichangas, also good. The island cocktails were on special so I tried the Finnz Lemonade - kinda weak.

Overall the meal was satisfactory, but I don't know that I would come back, and I'm not sure why they call it a Fish House as there's not much more fish on the menu here than anywhere else.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I had the Mahi-Mahi Dinner. Loved the greens in the salad and the basalmic dressing and chunks of feta were perfect. Mahi was pretty good. I did not like their black beans, but my husband loved them.

Husband had Kamuna Pulled Pork Sandwich. He thought it was 8/10 in the "pulled pork yummy scale". 9, if it had cheese. Sauce was more sweet than tangy, but not crazy.

I had a strawberry lemonade. I'm not sure what is was, but it did not taste like strawberry. I'm not complaining though, it was a lovely sugar high. Tasted like grenadine and lemonade.

I would go again for the salad and to try other things, but wouldn't order the Mahi again.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

Buy one get one taco plates and burger plates. Amazing happy hour specials. Superd food and service. Will definitely eat here every time we are in town.

1  Thank Brooke R
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We needed a quick meal after driving in from San Diego and decided to come here. We had our grandson along so it was nice that they had a child's menu. The food was good and even though it was later it wasn't real loud. We enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Just so-so food. It is mostly a bar scene for younger folks into sports and greasy food. They sometimes have 2 for 1 burgers on Tuesdays and you can have a decent priced burger with chips on those days

1  Thank Chris S