All reviews fire pit full kitchen basketball court one bedroom suite industrial area sofa bed highway side free breakfast waffles after midnight metro station hot breakfast large bathroom los angeles parking lot parking charge minute drive
Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

This is a really nice & new hotel. Rooms were clean and spacious. Our bedroom TV didn't work but we called but they came to fix it within 15 mins. The full size refrigerator was an added touch because we were able to fit groceries. Breakfast was really good with many options. The bball sport court, pool and fire pit were all really nice.

Although not the hotel's fault, there was a double shooting at Arco resulting in a homicide that blocked the hotel entrance. Officers were not helpful with telling us how to access the hotel but we figured it out.

Other than that, we had a really nice time. Customer service was great and the workers at breakfast did an awesome job with ensuring that tables were clean and food stocked. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank NieChi
Reviewed June 20, 2016

We are a traveling family with kids aged 6 and 4. We came to attend a wedding on the beach in Redondo Beach so while the hotel is deeper in the city, it was only a matter of ten minutes drive to the wedding location. We felt this hotel was a very good property overall in terms of value for the cost.

PROS:

The warm breakfast was good and offered eggs and do-it-yourself waffle maker and a good wide selection of choices in fruits and muffins and yogurt.
The property was clean and the rooms were clean. There is a seni-heated outdoor pool with a basketball area attached inside a fenced in area. There is a fire pit at night and since the Vons is less than a half block away, I bought all the necessities for smores and the kids loved that at night.
The beds were comfortable and there was peace and quiet in the area of the hotel.
There was a Tesla charging station at the hotel next to it. I am guessing any guest of either hotel can use it. Call to make sure.
The staff was friendly at the front desk and the breakfast room.

CONS:

It is a four story property and if you are situated toward the back rooms, there is only an entrance with stairs. We were on the fourth floorso that was not fun. The main entrance is quite a long walk if you want the elevators.
For a suite, the living room with full kitchen was a bit small compared to other suites we have stayed at. It may be because we had an end room in the hotel. For two, no problems. For four, a bit small. You had to close or move certain doors out of the way before you could open or close others.
We were in Room 442 if management wants to know what I am referring to.

Overall, it was a very good stay, I liked the value. No hotel is perfect... Well, Four Seasons Bora Bora was but thats a different type of vacation. :). We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Calbuccaneer
Reviewed June 19, 2016

Very nice property we would definitely stay again. Room very spacious. Close to the beach, and attractions. They do charge $10 per night to park, which I didn't like, considering that for two nights we paid $450+ a parking pass should have been included in our stay.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank plsanchez
Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

Typical residence inn for the mist part - except the carpets were old and faded and most things need a makeover.

The location was nowhere near a beach but not really it's fault as that's what it's called.

Plenty of parking available and morning breakfast is palatable is not great.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank cmandal
Reviewed June 14, 2016

Having stayed many times in LA over the years, often booking a mid-range hotel not too far from shopping, I was pleasantly surprised with Residence Inn. Although we were there Memorial Day weekend and the place was obviously booked out and they are undergoing renovations, we still managed to find Residence Inn completely private once we entered our apartment (and we were located right next to the pool/bbq area!)
Sure - we had problems finding a park at night, but it was to be expected given the building works going on so we could hardly criticise them for inconvenience when they are trying to make the place even better for the long term.
Breakfast for the first two mornings was sheer bedlam given the amount of mouths they had to feed and we learnt after the first morning that it was easier to grab plates of food and eat back in our room. The food was typical of an LA hotel breakfast buffet - cereals, Bagels, eggs, bacon, muffins, pancakes, porridge, fruit etc and we could see the kitchen were in overdrive making sure the food never ran out - credit to them, they did a great job. The only criticism I would have with breakfast is the hours of trade - from Monday to Friday, the kitchen finish breakfast at 9.00am - on the dot! This just tells me that they are not really catering to a holiday crowd that may like to sleep in in the mornings - I suggest 10.00am would be a much more reasonable closing time.
The rooms were quite spacious with a simple floor plan encompassing a full kitchen, lounge room, dining area, bedroom and bathroom. Whilst it was a little dated, it was clean and well laid out and certainly not shabby. They did have large bottles of water when we arrived - one of the kitchen bench and one in the fridge which I thought was great given I'm not certain of drinking water from the tap - the only issue was, however, is that these bottles cost $3.50 USD each!! A factor I was not aware of and went through five of them during my stay of 4 nights - When I brought this up on check out and I was handed the bill, it was explained that the promo tag that was hanging on the bottle tells you the price - clearly I missed this as I had just assumed they were complimentary like the toiletries etc. The reception clerk was quite understanding and only charged me for two which was a fair compromise.
Location of the Residence Inn is literally within walking distance to many great shops and restaurants so if you are just in LA to shop, you don't need to venture too far to fill the suitcase!
Amenities of the hotel were a large pool, hot tub, fire-pit and BBQ area - (there may have been a gym but we didn't check) - as it was so busy around the pool area, we didn't utilise it but great if you are staying with young kids. You could have dinner by the pool and sit around the fire pit whilst the kids muck around in the pool.
I did see on a flyer in our room that the Residence Inn also holds special events during the week - a burger night one night, BBQ another night etc which I thought was a nice touch - we weren't there during those times so can't really comment much further other than to say it is more than many other places I have stayed in offer.
Overall - we found Residence Inn more than satisfactory for our 4 nights and it became quite a comfortable 'home base' - seeing a security guard regularly walking around the grounds at night gave the added peace of mind also. We would definitely stay there again, I imagine it will be even better as the renovations would have been completed by then

Room Tip: If you want real peace and quiet, request a room furthest from pool area
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple