“Terrible Customer Service”

Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The folks at the front desk are completely inept. No one is willing to help you out with anything. Pray that you don't have any issues with your room or other needs, because no one will help you!

Try the Best Western Sunrise across the street if you need a room - I heard it was a much better experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank LMK4100
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

I am very concerned to read your review. Normally our front desk staff receives many positive comments, and I apologize for the treatment that you experienced. I do hope that you will come back again to visit us, as I am sure that you will have a much better stay. Without more specifics, it is difficult for us to take corrective action.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Redondo. The hotel is older; mostly a classic hotel room but the staff were very nice and professional, there was a nice little balcony attached to the room and the pool area was quite beautiful. Overall, an enjoyable stay. Note it is $23/day to self park.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Obtained on Priceline at a bargain price and definitely not a bargain. I have learned from my first dealings with Priceline, that nothing is ever a bargain and you get what you pay for. The hotel is at best a 3 star not 3.5 that Priceline stated. I also believe that when you win a bid from Priceline the hotel gives you their least desired rooms. Our room smelled of carpet fresh, cheap motel scent that instantly gave me a headache. We couldn't leave fast enough the next morning. Two disappointments with Priceline bidding. My advice would be to spend more on a place you know you want to stay, rather than ruin a vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BuddysList
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

BuddysList,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received accommodations that were unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed here on a business trip, and wanted to try to enjoy the area. The location next to the marina is very cool , however there really isn't all that much around there. The hotel is okay, but not it doesn't have a very updated feel to it. If you get a marina view room make sure you are on the 3rd floor or higher becuase you can't really see much of the marina on the 2nd floor. The attached bar has a good happy hour special and I would recommend eating breakfast at a little place on the pier, I think it is called Polly's. They rent bikes from the hotel to explore the area which is a nice bonus as well.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room that is facing the marina, but ask for one that is higher than 2nd floor as...
2  Thank Ryan649
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I noted what you said regarding the condition of the hotel, and I wanted to make sure that you are aware that we will undergo a complete renovation of all the guestrooms, lobby, meeting rooms, and restaurant beginning September this year. I look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Crowne Plaza in February when I was attending training held in the hotel. The lobby was beautiful and well-appointed as were the other public spaces. My room, at first glance, was very nice, but upon closer inspection, showed serious signs of age and use. I understand the hotel is currently upgrading some of the rooms so it will be interesting to see the changes if I ever have the chance to travel there again.The one thing that marred my stay was my experience with my room reservation and the price (for an upgrade that I had not asked for) but I eventually was able to resolve that issue, although the customer service I received from a couple of the desk clerks was not at the level I would have expected for such a property. Other staff at the hotel were helpful and pleasant and that was a pleasant experience. The Director of Catering and the Director of Sales were especially helpful during my stay and I truly appreciate that. They are obviously very invested in customer service and it shows.

1  Thank Tami H

Your overall favorable comments indicate that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, the renovation you refer to has been scheduled to begin in September of this year and we are very excited about it! I will follow up regarding the service at the front desk, and rest assured that we want to provide a great welcome and experience for all our guests. If you have any specifics regarding the service issues, please feel free to contact me personally.
Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

We booked 3 nights before our cruise left and I thought the hotel would be OK. It far surpassed our expectations. Great staff. Huge, clean pool. Super location. We did not have a car and walked to all our restaurants. Used a cab once. Loved the Redondo Beach area and plan to return for a longer visit.

Room Tip: Our room looked out onto the pool area and we loved it.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Myrna S
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have been fortunate to stay here every other year for a business meeting - I was motivated to write my "first review" due to the excellent service I received while checking in - when I attempted to register during what was clearly a very busy time for the hotel, there was no record of my reservation! Christine, the front desk person with whom I had the good fortune to be working with me, was extremely gracious, engaging, and, put significant effort into finding me a room . . . and, it had a fantastic view to boot!

Room Tip: quiet with a view of the water (NOT the east side).
1  Thank Cork M
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Many thanks for your kind review, and glad you came back to see us again. I will pass your nice comments regarding Christine at our front desk on to her; she has been with us for only six months, but obviously is doing a great job!
Look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redondo Beach
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
5.9 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach

Been to Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina? Share your experiences!