I recently concluded a 7-night stay for my first trip to Redondo Beach. I was impressed with the initial appearance of the hotel. We were offered a room with a "view"... it turned out to be about a 1-foot view of the marina--the rest of the view was just the roof (nice rocks, though.) Spa was nice, though a little loud; the massage therapists did a great job.
I was truly turned COMPLETELY off by all of the fees and hidden costs that I found AFTER I arrived. They charge you to park in front of the hotel in $15 min increments. I guess this is for people who have a lot of luggage (?) I had never seen that before. Also, their internet is $10 per day, PER DEVICE!! That's right. Per device. Also parking really is $23 to $28 per day, and there's no where to really park in the area for less than that.
Also, the rooms are outdated, true, but clean. The beds are very comfortable as well. The rooms really do have tube tv's which makes everything look like you're watching an 80's TV show. There was only one family channel (Disney)... the other 10 or so channels were news, foreign, and sports. There were like 4 or 5 local channels and a couple channels like History and Discovery. The selection was horrible. In looking through some of the paid features, I realized that HERE was where all the good TV was. You have to PAY for it. Yeah, they wanted $4.99 for a 22min episode of Family Guy and for a 45min episode of Glee. I couldn't believe it. So many hidden fees kept popping up, that I started to worry we'd be charged for sheets of toilet paper and use of the fridge.
The redeeming qualities of this hotel were its staff who were very friendly, and the cleanliness of the hotel overall. Bottom line? This is was my first and last trip to Redondo Beach. I just wasn't impressed enough to spend this amount of money again for so little in return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The NEW Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel. A full service southern California coastal hotel with resort style amenities. Conveniently located just 7 miles south of LAX, overlooking the Pacific Ocean between the King Harbor Marina and the Redondo Beach Pier. Complimentary WiFi for all guest rooms and public area; tennis court, Olympic size pool, and whirlpool on Harbor Terrace. Bike rental 7 days per week through concierge. Full 2-room fitness center. Completed $25M renovation of entire hotel in 2016 including guestrooms, lobby, meeting space, and new lobby bar – Harbor Bar+Bistro for light lunch and dinners. Breakfast in SOL. Choice of water view rooms, 350 sq ft, most with balcony. Selection of King or double Queen bedded rooms. Room safe and mini refrigerator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina Hotel Redondo Beach
- Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach And Marina
- Redondo Beach Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Redondo Beach