“Not bad at all.”

Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Stayed the last 4 days of April, and this is not a bad hotel, it is in a decent location, the room average,was not in it much! had a view of the roof, but better than seeing the power station with 4 massive chimneys in view. Not far from airport or the beach. Nothing to complain about, maybe reception staff could smile and greet you.(customer Service). Also the pool area was really nice and clean as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Angela W,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have addressed the mater with the Front Desk staff in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Brenda J.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Dirty, old, broken..a real dump.

We had three rooms in conjunction with a family event in the ballroom. The rooms were just awful. Everything was dated, dirty and barely working. We were assured the floor and the rooms were non-smoking but the rooms reeked of smoke and there was a sign on the back on the door which designated the room as a smoking room. We spoke with the manager (who fought us on the fact that there was a sign to this effect) and who’s only retort to our complaints were, we are undergoing a complete renovation in June we hope you’ll join us after.

One issue with the manager's suggestion, we were here as paying guests now, before the renovation.

Restaurant was overpriced for breakfast. Limited quality and options for $22+ tip and tax.

Pass this hotel by.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2012

Dear busdevoffice,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I purchased the supposedly 3start + hotel through priceline.com, huge dissapointment.
Rating it a three star hotel is a stretch, for the same price I could have selected a much better hotel of my choosing or direct with the hotel in lieu of priceline.com. Parking is $27 additional a night and wifi is also a charge. This place is run down and old, and for the same charge gotten a hotel in better condition.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Angear77,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel. After reading numerous reviews, I was really worried about "winning" this hotel on Priceline. Once we arrived, it wasn't as bad as some of the reviews made it seem. Here's the scoop...

The good: This hotel is close to everything! Beverly Hills, Hollywood, Santa Monica, LAX, just to name a few. I read in multiple reviews that Polly's was the place to eat, we did and it was AH-MAZE-ING! Great place for breakfast on the pier. We had the crab and cheese omelet, guacamole omelet, and the pigs in a blanket. All good choices! We had dinner at Tony's, which was good, we decided the next night to eat at Bubba Gump in Santa Monica, save your money and go there. If you want some good pizza try Fresh Brothers. The beds are really comfy and our room was cleaned every single day.

The bad: Redondo is a very sleepy town. If you are looking for a good night life place, this isn't the place to be. Some of the reviews I read said that their Priceline purchase was not mentioned at check in, ours was! It was made clear to us that since we booked of Priceline, we would get whatever room was left. Although we did get a choice between a smoking, view room or a non-smoking room with no view. We opted for the non-smoking room because the lady helping us did say that the rooms smelt like smoke. I am totally cool with booking off Priceline, who cares, but don't make us feel like a second-class citizen for not booking off the hotel website. Myself and my boyfriend, who I traveled here with, both, have college degrees and well-paying jobs for our age (23 and 25), we just like bargains! BEWARE: They make you pay a deposit once you are there. 50 - 100 dollars per night. They told us that if we put it on debit card, it could take 5-8 days to get back, 2-3 on credit card. The hotel should really mention this in the booking process. Like I said, both me and my boyfriend have well-paying jobs and plenty of money, but what about the people who are on a tight budget and then they have this fee thrown at them? We stayed in a room with a refrigerator that sounded like it was about to take off, so loud!!! We ended up having to unplug the fridge just so we could sleep. The A/C was loud too!

The ugly: Yes the rooms are dated, yes the wallpaper is coming off, and yes it smells like cleaner everywhere you go.... We were on the 3rd floor and the door to the closet, where they kept all the cleaners, etc. was constantly open, whether someone was in there or not. There were random cleaning carts in the hallways whenever no one was around nor cleaning any nearby rooms... Very displeasing.

All in all: Would I stay here again? No, not in the condition it is in now. Apparently they are making some renovations soon, so would I stay here again once the renovations are made? Maybe. But then again, maybe it is better to spend the extra money and stay in Santa Monica.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear jpb0143,

Thank you for leaving such a detailed review with so many great tips for our hotel and the area. I am glad to see that you commented on what you enjoyed about the hotel as well as what fell below your expectations. I'm deeply sorry for any inconveniences you have experienced. Your tips and comments will be shared with the appropriate departments for consideration. We always welcome any opportunity to improve.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed here recently for 2 nights...my husband and I with our 21month old. We got a great rate on Priceline at 110+tax, for a king bed room, no view. We have been to LA before, and wanted something out of the business of downtown, to do a few things in preparation for our next six weeks driving up the west coast to Seattle. The front desk girl was very friendly And efficient, checking us in whilst chatting happily with our little boy. (sorry forgot her name, but she carries an aussie 50c coin for great days in her pocket). Room was very clean and modern, and big enough for our several bags plus portable crib. We didn't reallly use any hotel facilities except their business centre which is open 24hours with free Internet.
The location is pretty convenient with several restaurants walking distance, and easy driving to several shopping malls as well as the airport.
I would recommend here if you're in LA for a few days and want to be a little more relaxed.

Ps British airways staff stay here also, as a bus load arrived whilst we were here.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Metcalf-3
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I recently took my husband home to LA to meet the rest of the family - aunts, uncles, cousins, etc - and stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Redondo Beach. The location is great; within walking distance of the RB pier, Ruby's Diner and On the Rocks (great bar for those who love their sports and casual Saturday afternoons). The pool is perfectly warm and clean, complete with a jacuzzi and the sounds of sea lions barking from across the marina. I had a deep tissue massage at the in hotel spa that was wonderful, relaxing and worth the price. Our room was spacious and the bed comfortable with fluffy pillows. We had a sea view which allowed us to see Palos Verdes Peninsula, the pier, and on a clear day - Catalina Island. I highly recommend this hotel for both couples and families.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coryarno
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I recently concluded a 7-night stay for my first trip to Redondo Beach. I was impressed with the initial appearance of the hotel. We were offered a room with a "view"... it turned out to be about a 1-foot view of the marina--the rest of the view was just the roof (nice rocks, though.) Spa was nice, though a little loud; the massage therapists did a great job.

I was truly turned COMPLETELY off by all of the fees and hidden costs that I found AFTER I arrived. They charge you to park in front of the hotel in $15 min increments. I guess this is for people who have a lot of luggage (?) I had never seen that before. Also, their internet is $10 per day, PER DEVICE!! That's right. Per device. Also parking really is $23 to $28 per day, and there's no where to really park in the area for less than that.

Also, the rooms are outdated, true, but clean. The beds are very comfortable as well. The rooms really do have tube tv's which makes everything look like you're watching an 80's TV show. There was only one family channel (Disney)... the other 10 or so channels were news, foreign, and sports. There were like 4 or 5 local channels and a couple channels like History and Discovery. The selection was horrible. In looking through some of the paid features, I realized that HERE was where all the good TV was. You have to PAY for it. Yeah, they wanted $4.99 for a 22min episode of Family Guy and for a 45min episode of Glee. I couldn't believe it. So many hidden fees kept popping up, that I started to worry we'd be charged for sheets of toilet paper and use of the fridge.

The redeeming qualities of this hotel were its staff who were very friendly, and the cleanliness of the hotel overall. Bottom line? This is was my first and last trip to Redondo Beach. I just wasn't impressed enough to spend this amount of money again for so little in return.

Room Tip: Come with lots of money for parking and internet!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mocha M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear Mocha M,

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry our parking charges as well as internet usage fees were higher than you expected. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redondo Beach
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
5.9 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach

Been to Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina? Share your experiences!