“Great place to stay at; right on the Marina and water”

Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Frisco, texas
“Great place to stay at; right on the Marina and water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

We stayed here for 1 night, nice place overlooking the Marina. Room had a great view of the water. Right across was a Ruby's diner(?) and inthe parking lot, there was 60's music playing and a older cars show (individuals bringing their well preserved cars to show). Very nice.
Be aware that check-in time is 4PM (we arrived at 3.30PM and had to wait for 15 minutes). Also, parking is fairly expensive at $25/night.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the water, higher floors
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alikarim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

Admittedly, we got a conference rate on our room, however, we were very impressed with the value of the Crowne Plaza. Only 7 miles from LAX, and located at Redondo beach and pier, more than half the rooms had a ocean view and balcony. I noted that Air France and Italia flight staff were staying there. The staff were helpful and the hotel wasn't an overcrowded zoo. There is a Ruby's and a Cheesecake factory restaurant within a block. The neighborhood is middle class, definitely not flashy, but not noisy and grubby either. Whale watching and fishing tours leave from the pier. A quiet, convenient, place to stay with access to the ocean.

Room Tip: The side rooms close to the front of the hotel are as good as the end room and cost a little less.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank hallinanwv
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I reserved this hotel through Priceline while bidding on a 3.5 star. This hotel is definitely not a 3.5 star. We had just checked out of a 4 star in Glendale to spend 2 nights on the beach in Redondo. I was very sad upon arrival to our room to have left our nice room in Glendale for it. We were hit by a strong, gross odor upon walking into our room and I immediately called the front desk. They didn't have any other rooms to move us to and offered to send up an "ionizer" but we'd have to leave the room for 1.5 hours. No problem since it was dinner time. When we got back it still smelled bad. The front desk people were nice but this place is just not good if you are used to nicer places. Next time we'll go for the 4 star across the street.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LindseyTX
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
My apologies for the odor in your room, and sorry that we did not measure up to your expectations. We normally offer the option of changing rooms when guests are unhappy with their accommodations. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future, especially since we are renovating all the rooms starting in September this year.
Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I just returned from my first time to the LA area. I'm here to tell you that the hotel staff will do EVERYTHING In Their Power to make your stay a delightful one! The lobby is spacious, regal and quite lovely. Tho' the rooms are aesthetically a bit 'dated'... DO NOT let that hold you back. As I was told come this fall (Sept. 2012) the hotel is planning a major room renovation and upgrade. And aesthetics is the ONLY reason why I did not give them five stars. The staff... their demeanor, their professionalism and genuine kindness for each individual staying there... if I could have I'd have given them TEN STARS! Case in point: There was a minor issue with the balcony furniture of the room I was initially booked into... OMG! Miguel at the front desk, felt SO BAD, that he upgraded me to a suite for the same price just because he was truly sorry about the patio furniture issues I brought to his attention! (WHO DOES THAT THESE DAYS!!!??!) And Maria, the Concierge she will make you feel like family. Anything she can do to make your stay just as you desire it to be... it will be done. The location is wonderful. You are literally right across the street from the Marina and the ocean is just beyond! Many things to do and see in that area of Redondo Beach. Take an early morning swim or jacuzz off the 2nd floor pool area... hit Gold's Gym (complimentary!) 1/2 block from the hotel... Also, take full advantage of the 'Body Etc.' Spa in-house..! I did. I had a pedicure, but wished I would have done the hot stones massage, or more! The staff was Wonderful and treated me like a Goddess with hot tea, fruit and cookies! The 'Aaaahhhh Factor' is Alive and Well at Body, Etc.!
Finally... I found myself having to cut my vacation short due to some issues back home, and the hotel was not only gracious, and understanding, but discounted my room charges beyond what I even expected... and without missing a beat! (Thank You Stephen!)
All in All... this hotel is at least a 4-star... and once the renovations are done... a '5' will be a given! The staff ... all who I came in contact with...were All TENS in my book! I would return to the Crowne Plaza at the Redondo Beach Marina without hesitation! Go walking... Go Biking (complimentary from the hotel!!) Go down to the Marina and just soak in all that Southern California has to offer. Indulge at their on-site restaurant 'Splash' or be a bit naughty and walk the 2 blocks to the Cheesecake Factory Restaurant. Anyway you slice it... This Hotel is truly a Slice of Heaven!!

Room Tip: I thought it initially was about 'the view'... it's not. It's about the room. Go f...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Sylver S
What a wonderful review! I want to let you write our sales collateral. Seriously, I am so delighted to hear your comments regarding Miguel, Maria Elena, the spa staff, and Stephen. I am going to present each one of them with our "Delivering On The Promise" award due to your mentioning them.
I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Great location - The hotel is right across from beach and walking distancee to some nice restaurants. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. We were not pleased to discover there was an added expensive fee for parking and internet when many other nearby hotels offered the same services for no fee.

The room was quiet and we were able to enjoy a good nights sleep.

I would stay at the hotel again, but I would consider the extra service fees when ccomparing nearby hotels.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dinnerguest
, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear dinnerguest,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are pleased you enjoyed the great location of our hotel as well as our comfortable room accommodations. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your comments regarding our parking charges and wish to thank you for your feedback. We always welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie D
Case Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Stayed the last 4 days of April, and this is not a bad hotel, it is in a decent location, the room average,was not in it much! had a view of the roof, but better than seeing the power station with 4 massive chimneys in view. Not far from airport or the beach. Nothing to complain about, maybe reception staff could smile and greet you.(customer Service). Also the pool area was really nice and clean as well.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Angela W,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have addressed the mater with the Front Desk staff in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Brenda J.
Greenwich, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

Dirty, old, broken..a real dump.

We had three rooms in conjunction with a family event in the ballroom. The rooms were just awful. Everything was dated, dirty and barely working. We were assured the floor and the rooms were non-smoking but the rooms reeked of smoke and there was a sign on the back on the door which designated the room as a smoking room. We spoke with the manager (who fought us on the fact that there was a sign to this effect) and who’s only retort to our complaints were, we are undergoing a complete renovation in June we hope you’ll join us after.

One issue with the manager's suggestion, we were here as paying guests now, before the renovation.

Restaurant was overpriced for breakfast. Limited quality and options for $22+ tip and tax.

Pass this hotel by.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this review, 16 June 2012
Dear busdevoffice,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
3.0 km away
Hotel Hermosa
Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach

Been to Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina? Share your experiences!