“Dated, dirty, stinks”

Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Redondo Beach
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We picked this hotel for the location to redondo pier. We have been here before a few years back. Boy has this place gone down hill. I did not appreciate the attitude by the young male clerk at check-in. I asked him when check out was. He sarcastically looked at the sign on the wall next to us and said 12pm. He obviously knew the checkout time and wanted me to feel like an idiot for not reading the sign. It was a harmless question. He could have just answered it without attitude. The room felt dingy. It was a smoking room and none of us smoked. Would have appreciated an option for a non smoking room. Tiles were missing in the bathroom. There was also mold. There were stains galore in the floor. I almost slept in my car. They were charging $250/night at the hotels website but I went through Hotwire and paid $99. I dont think it was worth more than $49. Save your money go elsewhere unless you are looking for a dirty room and an attitude.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank bluebear905
Michael P, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Sorry to see that you were so unhappy with your stay. We will discuss your poor check in experience with our Front Office Manager so that we can do better the next time. When we renovate our hotel beginning in late August of this year, we will be converting the entire hotel to non-smoking rooms so that you will not experience that problem. The renovation will completely change all the furniture, carpeting, and tile in all the rooms.
I do hope that you will come back to see us again and give us another chance to do better.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina

Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I decided to getaway for a night and wanted to stay fairly close to home. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina and loved every minute of our stay!!!! The hotel is in a perfect location to Redondo Beach Pier, Dining, Hermosa Beach and LAX. Redondo Beach is a gem in the LA area. The hotel was lovely and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. We were looking for a running path and the Valet told us how to make our way to Hermosa Beach and what a beautiful morning run. Can’t wait to go back to the Crowne Plaza!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mhoneybee
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Seems the Crown Plaza has been under a blanket of bad reviews steaming from last years visitors. Since then, the Managers have heard and read the reviews and taken action. Just in time too. Summer is here and tourist are on the prowl looking for deals and descent hotels. Look no further. I was able to go online from the main Crown Plaza site and secure two rooms one king and two doubles with water and city view for $99 each in May 2012. Just two days later rates went up to $189. So plan your stay ahead of the busy season. Rooms were clean and comfortable,bathrooms clean well stocked. The food from the resturant located in the hotel was the most surprising. Excellent! Room service was timely,friendly,food was well presented and arranged for your ease. But my most rave review has to go to the all around customer service which I give 10 stars! Ok, yes every hotel has something they can improve on and I think many will agree the decor is a bit tired and could use a make over. The under ground parking ticket taker could be friendlier. I stayed there three days and all three different parking attendants were less then enthused to be there. Second,and last would be the hotel spa. When I called to arrange a Mani/pedi for two ladies, they were scampering to get some one in to do them. There was only one person available and we could not do our treatments together. I was met with: well just show up and we can get the facial girl to do your manicure.....uh no thanks. Hope this review helps :) P.S Crown Plaza if you read this review I would like to offer my decorating services to you for free just asking room and board and a sensible budget $$$$ it will be Fabulous!!! Vida Twynham Cambria,ca

Room Tip: Water view for ocean beauty, city view for sun set but be aware of the street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vida67
Reviewed 27 May 2012

the problem w/ Crowne Plaza is that they are so hit and miss to me. We had 3 rooms and 2 were great and 1 was horrible...dirty, dumpy, faced the road...kind of typical where w/ crowne plaza some of the rooms and nice and some are not--all under the same roof. I think I'm at the point where I won't even try Crowne Plaza anymore because it is too hit and miss.

Room Tip: ask for a nice room and if it's not nice, ask to change!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Dear jennmelzer,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. It is regrettable you were not fully satisfied with the condition of the third room you received during your stay. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is a lovely hotel to stay in for business around the LA area. It is priced perfectly, close to the main highways, and also affords you the luxury of hitting the ocean for a stroll. Restaurants along the pier are also fabulous.

The service is good, rooms are very good so overall I would stay here again - and will - on my next trip!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2012

My boyfriend and I were very much looking forward to our stay at the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach and Marina. We were extremely disappointed with the hotel itself as well as the service. Definitely would not recommend a stay here. This location did not meet the standards of a Crowne Plaza. The hotel was dirty and not maintained. Our room had a decent view of the marina. However, the room was less than cleanly. The carpet was old and dirty and there many were stains in the walls. The closet doors were sliders, but they were off the track. The bathroom needed cleaning as well, the sink had a constant drip, and the doors were slatted leaving little to privacy. The air conditioner was also extremely loud, very old, and in need of maintenance. It kept us awake all night as it would kick on, run for a minute, and then five minutes later, it would run again for a minute. Very disruptive to a good night's sleep. The concierge device was not impressive either. I had researched restaurants in the area before our arrival and had decided where we would go to dinner. Upon check in, I asked the concierge if we would need reservations at the restaurant, and she promptly responded no, we would have no problem getting a table. A few hours later, we decided to call ahead to the restaurant for. Table, and they told us they were full. With the need for another restaurant recommendation, we called the concierge. However, she was gone for the day. It was 5:45pm. I thought this to be poor service if the concierge was not available for dinner suggestions at dinner time. Upon check out, I told the guest service worker that the sink was dripping and the air conditioner needed maintenance. He did not seem to care about our concerns one bit or apologize for the inconvenience. Not something I expect from a Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travels84
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Travels84,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies that you did not enjoy your overall experience with us due to the condition of our facilities. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Karen C
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed here on May 15 and would not stay again. The hotel is not on the water. We had an waterfront room and it overlooked a parking lot. The room decor is so old and the room had a funny smell. I had to unplug the refrigerator because of the loud humming noise. The lamp also had a loud humming noise.......very strange.

I've been in the travel industry for over 20 years. This hotel was a huge disappointment.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Dear Deb01604,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I am sorry that the room accommodations you received fell below your expectations. However, I am pleased to inform you that we will be starting with our renovations in August and this is to ensure our facilities and service are superior.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Redondo Beach.

Janice A.

Hotel Hermosa
#3 of 7 in Hermosa Beach
5.9 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach

Been to Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach & Marina? Share your experiences!