1,566 results
All reviewsbusiness hotelsan franciscooffice parkfree shuttlelagoon viewshuttle serviceredwood shoresairport shuttlesilicon valleybusiness tripcomfortable roomsparking garagepalo altominute drivecoffee makersofitelfrench
Reviewed June 13, 2011

If the Redwood City location works for you, this is a great place. I loved the ambience of being on the lake, the casual but swank style of the hotel and how accomodating they were to our Shih Tzu dog.

In the early morning, in the lobby, there is coffee/tea service available with some fresh baked pastry. In the rest of the day there was cucumber water and strawberry water which was a refreshing choice.

There were several times when a less accomodating staff could have turned a particular situation into a hassle, but every time they did the right thing. The staff have been trained to serve.

The food was excellent but the service is some of the slowest I have ever experienced. We ate at the restaraunt 3 times and the slow service was consistent.

The pool along side the lake looked wonderful though we did not have an opportunity to spend time there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Really quickly ... here's the good:

- gorgeous lobby with a good store for quick purchases, snacks and coffee
- free wi-fi in the lobby and lots of comfy places to sit while using it
- good and well equipped gym facilities (lots of weights and cardio) well stocked with towels, apples and even cliff bars.
- friendly check in and check out staff
- They have a shuttle service free of charge to and from the airport

Here's the not so good:
- The rooms were INCREDIBLY noisy. I could hear coughing in the room beside me, the phone ringing and then the conversation muffled but still audible, bathroom noises including the use of the toilet, and the hall noise felt like it was in my room
- The rooms are comfortable but mine was a bit run down
- They include bottled water
- The location is lousy unless you work at EA and are going to the office there. Seriously there is NOTHING out here. About 3/4 of a mile away there is a grocery store, some restaurants like mexico, italian, sushi (Great sushi!) and malaysian food.
- The staff at the restaurant was AWFUL - seriously horrible. I have a ton of food allergies so it's hard for me to get a good breakfast and the restaurant turned me away and tried to get me to go to the buffet - where there was nothing I could eat. The restaurant had tables but I think they wanted people to eat at their buffet. At lunch, meals took forever to arrive and were often not quite right.

For the price of this hotel I would expect a lot more.

2  Thank RoadWarrior
Reviewed June 11, 2011

The hotel is very well run, with attentive long term staff who really are customer service oriented. The older rooms and carpet, need serious attention. The newly renovated rooms are very nice. All housekeeping is generally very good.

Reviewed June 11, 2011

The hotel is beautiful and very comfortable. I especially enjoyed the sleek and colorful decor and the luxurious bed, which I melted into at the end of each day. There are several good-quality dining options for varying budgets. Some employees were very helpful and gracious, while others were a little pretentious and unaccommodating. If I got a response that did not meet my needs, I just asked someone else, which, though slightly aggravating, usually worked. Also, it was difficult to understand some European employees over the phone, but that may reflect a lack of worldliness on my part more than an issue with the hotel.

1  Thank SyzygyLuv