All reviews el camino breakfast room front desk nice note woodside road usb ports free parking extra touches comfortable hotel beds welcome bag make a u turn favorite things ihg member third floor guest laundry breakfast bar reliable wifi
Reviewed October 12, 2017

I'm really impressed by what Holiday Inn has been doing lately with rooms that feel much closer to a modern Hilton or Hyatt property and generally at a much better value. This location lives up to that with a very modern style and nice feature set.

Starting off, the size of the room was and everything was rather well updated with a great bed, tons of outlets / USB ports, a nice pod coffee maker, mini-fridge, though the shower didn't quite get the upgrade the rest of the bathroom did. Friendly staff (they even left a towel creature on the bed) and a good set of general amenities for a stay. Wifi wasn't great and the overall layout with elevators made it clear things were updated recently and not as well thought out originally.

Parking is on site in a lot that could use a little more room but very easy to access which is nice. The hotel is located on a major street so be ready for a lot of noise and traffic wandering around though it didn't impact the room experience for me.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ted S
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Rooms are as the recent reviews state. Not lacking for anything. It's a bit difficult to access the hotel depending on your direction, but once you figure it out it's fine. Free parking was appreciated. I also appreciated the lighting compared to other chains who keep everyone more "in the dark". I am an IHG member and received no extra treatment, etc. Front desk staff was less than welcoming. If I did not ask questions I doubt we would have been told anything about our stay or hotel. Upon check out we noticed we were charged a higher rate for both rooms. The front desk clerk agreed, but said there was nothing she could do without her manager who would not be in until after 2PM - we would receive a call. Nope - no call. After a call from us along with an email and another call the manager said he would look into the matter. I had to follow up myself to find out if the credit was going to be issued. It did, but this should never have taken several days to get resolved. We offered to go through corporate and were told - no - they will just reach out to our manager anyway.....Very disappointing after a great hotel stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ckpd
Reviewed September 17, 2017

I loved this hotel! I travel a lot, and was here for several days for business, and was impressed. I'm an IHG member and they put me on the 3rd floor. The room was spacious, bed was super comfy, bathroom was large, and there is also a room desk, couch and reliable wifi. The TV was very large and had tons of channel choices plus movies you can rent.
The person at the front desk told me the 3rd floor was recently remodeled and upgraded. There are plenty of plugs and computer connection outlets.
One of FAVORITE things was the greeting after check in. My room phone rang with a recorded message telling me that my delivery was waiting at my door. I hadn't ordered anything, so I looked...and there was the cutest 4 foot robot at my door, and it presented me with a bag of sun chips and a bottle of water as a welcome gift! It was such a nice surprise. I asked about the robot at the front desk, and this is the only Holiday Inn in the US that has one. The robot can ride elevators alone and finds it's way to the breakfast area each morning and asks you how you like the breakfast and how is your stay. So cute!
This hotel really goes beyond to make sure you have a nice stay. Very personalized service. And the lobby has cookies in the late afternoon each day.
Each day, housekeeping left me fresh fruit and towels rolled up to look like swans or a flower. What a nice touch!
The only downside (if there is one) is that there are no grounds to this hotel. It's at a busy area and there is a tiny lobby but the rest of the hotel makes up for it.
A Wendy's is next door and a Starbucks in across from Wendy's.
I would definitely come back here. I wish all hotels I've stayed in were this good, this well kept, and well run.

Room Tip: Third floor was very quiet. No street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HIXStanford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Hello honurider,

From our entire staff at the Holiday Inn Express RWC-Central we thank you for taking the time to write this review based on your recent stay at our property. It's so great to hear that your time with us was up to your standards and that we exceeded your expectations with our service and amenities. Relay is a helpful and friendly little delivery robot, you can find Relay on a mission zooming down the hallway or greeting you every morning during breakfast. Being a small property our Housekeeping Team like to get creative and have fun with their days, one thing they really like to make is towel origami into shapes of animals or plants and even a baby or two. We're located on the El Camino Real with many food options close by if you didn't want to venture the 1 mile out to downtown. We hope to see you again soon. :)

Reviewed September 1, 2017

This nicely updated property was home for three nights while I was in the Valley on business. The room was beautifully updated. Modern touches. Nice tech, reliable WiFi, plenty of outlets and a huge TV.

Very nice breakfast daily. Lots of tasty choices, and really good coffee in the air pots.

The ROBOT concierge! My colleague actually forgot his toothpaste. Called the front desk and the robot delivered the item to his door.

Extra touches: Every day, the housekeeping staff would leave a lovely little animal sculpture fashioned from towels to greet me. I encountered a dog, swan, and turtle on my stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank RonAmok
HIXStanford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2017

Hello RonAmok,

The Holiday Inn Express RWC-Central thank you for taking the time to leave us this reivew based on your recent visit with us, we're glad to hear that everything was up to your expectations! We have a truly dedicated Housekeeping team that love to get creative and make towel origami art for every guest room daily; they have even done flowers, babies and other animals. During your next trip to the area we hope that you think of us. :)

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

So I had a reservations at the comfort in right next door

I checks in and immediately checked out .

There rooms had a gross smell

I walked next door to check it out and spent the night there

Great GREAT updated rooms and nice staff

Will be back !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
HIXStanford, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Hello Ammo68,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review based on your most recent visit with us at the Holiday Inn Express RWC-Central. Our property went under a complete remodel a few years ago and has been well maintained with regular deep cleanings and daily property checks. We hope to see you again during your next trip to the area! :)