“Icicles on Our Feet”

Add it.
Tarboosh
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed December 18, 2011

The restaurant was so cold. We were near the front of the restaurant, so we could feel the cold outside air blasting in under the front window/ door assembly and the waiters were wearing a jacket; one had a scarf tied around his neck. The owner must do something to fix this situation. The waiters were as friendly as the chill would permit and nice enough to try to plug the gap at the base of the front "wall" with a pair of hand towels upon my request. The food was a little bland. Fix the temperature and blandness and I'll change this review from two to four stars. The price would have been alright if heat had been included.

Fremont, California
Reviewed November 22, 2009

good food, service was a bit slow

Reviewed July 30, 2008

Another great place. VERY kid friendly. I'll tell you the story sometime. ;-)

Reviewed April 15, 2008

Nice, fun atmosphere. Some yummy Middle Eastern dishes

Reviewed February 2, 2008

Tarboosh used to be one of my favorite restaurants, but the quality seems to have dropped in recent years. The service has become slow, and the food less savory. Still, in its heyday, I would always go and just order about two appetizers (called mezza) per person, and we'd all shares tapas-style. From the appetizers, I always ordered the fool mudammas and the sambousek. For dessert, I was always partial to their warbaat, but I don't think it's offered on the menu anymore (like I said, the quality has suffered in recent years).