“Go For The Service”

Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Riverside
Seattle, WA
“Go For The Service”
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I stayed here for work and had just come from a very UNfriendly hotel. I was greeted by Jante and Edith at the front desk and they completely changed my mood. In addition to fulfilling my request for a top floor room with a king bed, they were friendly and more than willing to help with anything else I needed. My stay was 6 nights, but I'll be telling everyone I know to stay at this Courtyard in Riverside!

PROS:
Staff!
Large bathrooms
Couch in KING room
On-site laundry
Free WiFi
Free parking
Easy access to major freeways

CONS:
Older styling (although flat screen TVs were in the rooms)
Limited bar hours
AirCon is noisy
Elevators a bit slow

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank OpEd
CourtyardRiverside, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Riverside UCR/Moreno Valley Area, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
Hello OpEd,

Receiving feedback about my staff, good or bad is alway welcomed but to hear that my Front Desk Agent's were able to put you in a good mood, is a very rewarding comment. Thank you for taking the time to post your feeling on tripadvisor.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Stayed for the 3rd time at this hotel May 2 - 4th. I called ahead and asked for a room far from elevator and stairs and was no problem. Room was on quiet end of 5th floor. Nice sunset views (even if overlooking the open land and comfort inn next door), you can still see palms and mountains!
Stayed again for business, only few miles from the manufacturing plant on Columbia. Easy commute.
Management is changing, another frequent visitor advised they may try to spruse the place up a bit. While clean, it is tired and fixtures need replacing.
Did not eat this time in the local eateries. I drove about 10 mins over to downtown Riverside and dined at Las Campanas at the Mission Inn. Will review separately, worth the visit, a little steep for the food quality but very quaint outside dining available.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank KKJACKS
Hello KKJacks,

I truely appreciate your reviews of my hotel. The next time you are in Riverside and choose to stay at the Courtyard I would to say hello and express my appreciation to your loyalty to our brand.

The hotel is continuing to improve so please do not hesitate to ask about any upcoming updates.
Bellevue
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I arrived around 10 pm, tired and ready for sleep. The check-in process could not have been faster. Clearly they were expecting me, had a room pre-assigned exactly according to my specifications, and in not more than 15 seconds, I was on my way up the elevator. Kudos to the check-in process. Everything else is standard Courtyard, albeit a bit dated as per other reviews. But I had a good night's sleep, and everything went well.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mshbnyehud
Hello mshbnyehud,

Thank you so much for your review. My staff strives to make our guests comfortable during their stay. I am glad that we were able to get you off to bed quickly after a long exhausting day of travel.

We are working on our hotel updates. By the end of July we will have ugraded our cable package so that during your evening you may be entertained with a wide verity of premium channels.
Greensboro
Reviewed 9 July 2010

This is an average Courtyard. It has some age on it and is need of fresh update. It is not bright and fresh. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are quiet. Bathrooms are clean. It is the old style with vanity outside of actual bathroom. The breakfast is mediocore. Better to eat out. Decent rate and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I stayed here for four nights with my extended family to attend my nephew's graduation from UC Riverside. We picked it because it is near the university. We got a rate of $84 weekends and $114 for the weekdays. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. I liked the extremely comfortable bed, I got a good sleep every night.

On departure I pulled back the sheets to have a look at the quilted mattress as it was so comfortable. The free wireless internet is great, not many properties offer this. Good to take the ipod and check emails. The breakfast was a very decent standard, however not included in the price. It was $10 for breakfast and they will cook you a huge omelette how you like it. Those omelette could do two people.

There are some food places next door in the about 5 minutes walk.

All in all I was very pleased with the stay at this hotel considering the reasonable rate you can get, the helpful staff and the cleanliness of the place.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank yeowon
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed 23 May 2010

Was here for over 12 days and the staff really tried to accommodate us. The breakfast area was great, comfortable & set apart and restuarant like, not just in the lobby like some places. Good menu. the pool was small but adequate. they had a guest laundry area, no complaints there. Fitness room was small but adequate. Staff was friendly. after 5 days they put families with kids near us, and they ran up & down the hall playing knock on your door games with each other and talking loudly. We asked to be moved to another floor, and they did. The beds were really really hard. My husband who never complains said that his back hurt so we went and got memory foam toppers from a walmart. (We left them with our son who was staying for college at the end of our stay )The immediate area around the hotel was OK, there is a CVS and some stores within walking distance and a steak house & a Co-Co's restaurant nearby. We did a bit of walking for exercise and weren't feeling overly safe in the outer perimeter of the hotel. We got an extended stay rate so I can't complain about price. The fridge was cramped and didn't work great. The Room curtains weren't that efficient at blocking early morning light. The air conditioning unit was OK and not too loud. If we come again, we will try the Dynasty suites a block away ...the hard beds...too big a deal !

Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Connecticut
Reviewed 7 May 2010

This place does the trick. Nothing really notable about the place, which is exactly what I needed - a place to sleep in a clean comfortable environment. I was hoping to have some dining options within walking distance, but a short car ride takes you any number of places. The staff is helpful and offered a complimentary drink even though I am only silver level.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business