“We loved the great food and attentive service”
Review of Venita Rhea's

Venita Rhea's
Ranked #6 of 166 Restaurants in Rocklin
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2018

I am a little surprised to see the negative reviews as we were totally pleased with everything. The menu has a lot of choices of both breakfast and lunch items. We tried a variety of sandwiches and were all delighted with the quality and quantity. Next time I might need to share my sandwich or order just a half. There were lots of customers enjoying their meals but our server made sure we had more water, extra napkins etc. I would be quite comfortable recommending Venita Rhea's. A side note: the women's restroom was very clean, beautifully decorated and offered all the amenities.

Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

My family was in town so I wanted to treat them to a great breakfast. I used to come here all the time. The food had always been good. Had. It's been about 6-8 months since I have been here and I was looking forward to the "usual" great meal. Today was not the day for that. We arrived promptly at 7 when they opened. We were the first people here. This is quite unusual as there are typically people waiting to get in. I now know why.
I ordered the burrito which I was told by our waitress was loaded with chicken fried steak. My favorite. I was looking forward to devouring this. When it arrived I noticed that there was very little chicken fried steak (had to dig to find it) and the cheese wasn't even melted. It had cold lettuce and tomatoes which I get. The burrito was more vegetarian than the meat lovers I was looking forward to. The flavor was not good and what little chicken fried steak I found was bland. What happened to this place? I ordered crispy hash browns and didn't get those either. My mom ordered crispy hash browns and hers looked crispy. She said the flavor was OK. Dad ordered the ham steak which was, well, way overcooked. Almost dry. Very little moisture. I could tell when it was brought to us by the harsh char lines on it. I immediately asked my dad if it was dry. He said it was OK. I tried it and realized he was being nice. It was toast. We had an event to go to so we didnt have time to reorder food. My sister ordered quesadillas which I ended up eating some of since I couldn't eat mine and they were bland, not very good. Did I mention the gravy? Oh yeah, it was horrible. Never had this happen to me here before. Obviously something has changed here.
Pops and I ordered bloody Mary's like usual. Sometimes we get 2. This time we couldn't even finish the first one. What the heck happened here. They were terrible. Especially for $10. I don't think so. I would rather drink dishwater . This place has gone downhill. When I spoke to our server Shannon I asked her to remove my meal from the ticket. She said she would give me half off. I said no I need it taken off. I'm not spending $15 for a crappy meal. I left that part out. Reluctantly she did remove it. Needless to say we will not be coming back. I have recommended this place too many people over the years and I will be letting them all know about my experience. I strongly recommend going to Granite Rock or somewhere else that has good food because this place isn't it anymore. I knew I should have stuck with my first thought and gone to Dine and Dash or Granite Rock.
I forgot to mention this place has a ton of flies. Last thing I want in a restaurant is flies on me or my food. It really disturbed my guests. That is absolutely disgusting. It is no surprise to me at this point why this place was not packed as usual. Good luck to the rest of you and I hope your experience is better than mine was.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

We like this place we have been back 3 times, staff could not be more helpful when we wanted a complicated order. Food was lovely, big portions, I can recommend the bacon waffle. We will be back.

Reviewed June 2, 2018

Three of the guys in our neighborhood decided to wonder out for breakfast the other day and ended up in Rocklin, CA. Venita Rhea's is a French countryside themed restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch (they close at 3pm). They have both indoor and outdoor seating; on one side the outdoor seats are walled off with a hedge like surroundings. The restaurant with large windows around the outside creates an airy, outdoor feel; there are checkered table cloths and painted murals on to put you in the mindset.

Food wise, this place has a very wide and inviting list of menu items. What about 10 assorted Benedicts, egg scrambles, 12 different types of omelets and specialties like quesadillas, burritos and smoked salmon? We all had different variations of the "Breakfast Plates" with the differences being the meat selections and type of bread. You get two eggs with your order but can have one more egg at no extra cost with the Breakfast Plates. However, the omelets are made with (4) four eggs so keep that in mind when you order.

A special shout out to Venita Rhea's for recognizing all Veterans for their service with a discount for their meals.

It is well worth the drive to get there from Sacramento or maybe you are coming back from Reno on Hwy 80 and want to stop by. There is plenty of parking and a nice dining area.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 13, 2018

If I could chose less than 1 star I would, so would every one at our table, Just left Mother's Day breakfast there. First my daughter called 10 days ago or so to make a reservation for 9. She asked if it was a brunch for Mother's Day. They had told her no, it way a limited breakfast menu of some of their items. When we arrived the other 7 were seated already. The waitress had asked the 3 at on one end what they wanted to drink, but didn't asked the other four. After we sat down we were never ask what we would like to drink.
The menu had several items from their breakfast menu. A set price of $34.97 ea. item. Unlimited beverages, coffee, juice, champagne, mimosas. Unlimited fruit plate, and pastries. I had to ask for champagne after we arrived. 10 min. later it arrived. She only brought champagne to me didn't ask if my husband would like any. Never asked if we would like coffee or juice. We emptied the pastry basket only one for our table of 9. Other tables of 4 people had 2 pastry baskets. She took our pastry basket away and it never came back, oh well they were generic pastries you could buy anywhere. After our food arrived she asked if we wanted more fruit, sorry to late to ask this. But It would be nice to have something to drink. At this point I asked if we could have some juice. Also my husband would like some champagne. The children's menu was $15.97 for any item. We had 2 children 11 and 8 with us.
The service was terrible, we had been looking for a new Mother's Day place to go since our long time favorite Original Pancake House had closed. Well sorry to say it will not be you.
You would think they would give a large table to an experienced waitress.
I usually do not write a review but I feel we spend a lot $$ for not a good experience. I could see if it was because they were busy. But we were ignored.
We almost left because it was not what my daughter had been told about the menu. I really wish we would have!

Date of visit: May 2018