“OK, maybe 3 stars”

Window Box Cafe
Ranked #29 of 163 Restaurants in Rocklin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 16, 2017

Reading good things about this restaurant, we just had to try it.

It's a very cute little place that reminds me of a country breakfast spot. Very homey and the owner is there to make sure everything goes off right.

Service was just so-so. It was timely but our server could not bring herself to smile or be pleasant. Pretty indifferent to what she was doing.

The food was stick to your bones breakfast but not great....want to come back stuff. The pancakes were light and tasty......

Reviewed November 6, 2017

I enjoyed my breakfast: poached eggs and Bacon, potatoes. My friend loved the waffles and fruit. Decor cute, service is slow.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Nice place for breakfast or lunch. The senior menu was good, and there was plenty of the Chicken Apple Salad (that they call Window Box Salad.) My grandson had the French Toast with strawberries and banana, which was also quite good. They make their own brioch bread so that the French Toast and the rolls were really good.

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

I looked for restaurants in Rocklin, as we had just left the Farmers market and found The Window Box Cafe, it sounded darling so decided to give it a try..first impression was that it was very clean and homey looking. I first ordered coffee, my husband didn't, as we both love fresh ground and are usually disappointed when out..he just wanted water. My coffee came and my first taste was a Wow..delicious..husband had to taste, and a wow for him too, he had to order some right away..next I ordered their Veggie Omelet with Country Potatoes..another Wow from me at my first bite(I don't care for green peppers, so asked for extra spinach)Seriously the Best veggie Omelet that I believe I've ever had!! Husband had a Polish Omelet and hash browns..very good . They have so many wonderful items on the menu with very fare prices, that I said I can hardly wait to go back to try more. Our waitress named Tasey, was so sweet and friendly, and the others were very friendly as well, loved the biscuits, and their bread looked wonderful, everything homemade and Very fresh..also this was on a Sunday, quite a lot of people, but Not to noisy like so many places, we could actually visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2017

Late breakfast for 3 on a Sunday morning did not go that well. We were seated right away, but it went a bit downhill from there.
Service was amazingly slow, especially considering it was not crowded. The food took 1/2 hour to come out. We had to ask for cutlery, and ask twice for water. I was not that happy with my fajita omelette, either. I thought the eggs had been cooked too long, and that the omelette itself was bland. The requested "dry" toast came with butter on it nonetheless (although not drowned in it as some places do) and was burnt.
I'll pass on a repeat, thank you.