“Great hotel, love it!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Rosemead
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Very clean room, with soft pillows and nice furnitures. Two queen beds are comfortable and sheets are very white. Though it's not so close to downtown Los Angeles, it's close to macy's and jcpenny so you have a great variety for food to try. Love this hotel, stay for 4 nights. The welcome cookies are great and service at check-in desk isnice, too!

• Stayed: December 2011

Reviewed 10 December 2011

.The staff is very friendly and very tentative to you needs. Grounds were very clean and maintained daily. The rooms were spacious and the KING bed was massive with 7 pillows. :-) Just the way I like it. Great place to stay at about 20 minutes outside the LA traffic scene. There is a Mall directly across the street and has many nice restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2011

So I stayed at this hotel for a business reason while I was in LA and I had got to say that the service was horrible. The greeter at the front had not once said anything welcoming to me or my peers at all. Everything we asked her, she had always given us bad attitude and just a rude costumer service. She had asked me to move so she can talk to her associates which is ridiculous. I stayed there for about a whole week and I did not feel welcome at all. She ruined my stay and my trip and I will never go back to this place ever again. I will never encourage my business to send any of our peers to go for any business stay here ever! Service was just so horrible!

Room Tip: I highly recommend you to choose a different hotel. Take my words for it.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank jay j
Reviewed 21 August 2011

My 3rd stay since its renovation several years ago. Consistent management, clean, friendly, convenient and easy to access by car from airport and to neighboring cities. Can arrange private shuttle/car services on request.

CF

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2011

There were a few negatives (a couple of hairs in my sheets and shower, and tv not working) but still, I really liked the hotel. Technician fixed tv right away.

As others have said, it's not current or trendy in decor, but the bed was nice and comfy, great pillows, and overall, I felt the room to be nice and clean. The aircon was noisy, but other than that noise, I didn't hear any doors slamming (which I hate!) or people talking, etc. Very peaceful.

Our rate included the Sunday Buffet, which was way more than I expected - it had several Mexican specialties - yummy tamales, not so tasty enchiladas and taquitos, made to order omelets, which I didn't have, and lots more. Nice dining room.

I enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi - nice and deep. The lobby is kind of unusual looking.

So even though I had a number of negative comments, I still feel that it's a terrific choice - very good value for the money, very comfortable room, perfect for our purposes (foody road trip - excellent Chinese food in the SGV!) The next time I'm craving great Chinese food - I will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the highest floor available.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bettyrubble
Reviewed 2 March 2011

They say they have 2 queen beds in a room but when you get here and see for yourself its 2 full beds. Very small & Very outdated rooms. Rooms have no window screens and bees can easily come in which was a nightmare for me since I'm allergic to bee stings I had to take my pick between air or life. I am sure there are better hotels for the same price out there in LA. Don't be fooled by the yummy cookies they give you in the remodeled lobby.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank raona
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Lobby is nice. Room smelled musty. Just seemed kind of dirty. Only the signature cookie at check in was good.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosemead
5.1 km away
7.3 km away
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles - Commerce Casino
10.4 km away
The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Los Angeles - Rosemead? Share your experiences!