“My Occasional Treat....”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood & Steaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 488 Restaurants in Roseville
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Galleria Blvd
Description: The history of McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants began when Bill McCormick purchased Jake's Famous Crawfish Restaurant located in Portland, Oregon, and brought the more than 100-year-old landmark back to life. When asked the secret of how he revitalized a restaurant on the brink of closing, McCormick says, "I like nothing better than being a good host." Part of the managerial talent McCormick tapped was Doug Schmick, a management trainee. The two formed a partnership in 1974, creating Traditional Concepts, a precursor to today's McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants. In 1979, they opened the original McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant in Portland, Oregon. Since that time, the company has expanded to more than 80 restaurants across the country. The combination of an open imagination and a respect for tradition are what makes McCormick & Schmick's the classic and successful business that it is today.
Reviewed January 6, 2018

Having been here before I'm wondering if some of the other reviewers & I were at the same restaurant.

I was here for lunch on a Saturday. It was not crowded. Two servers handling about 6 parties in my part of the restaurant. Service was fine. My personal treat is oysters on the half shell. There were 4 varieties to choose from I picked two & split the plate with them. Fresh & flavorful they came at an appropriate time to allow for the shucking.

This year there's a Dungeness Crab shortage, so no Crab Louie offered. They did have something called a Lobster Tower salad at $ 24.50, did I mention it's not inexpensive. The salad is a literal layered vertical column of food. Bottom layer of lettuce, followed by layers of blue cheese, tomato, bacon, & avocado topped with pieces of lobster. The layers are tightly compacted. It's a vertical Lobster Cobb Salad.

The flavors blended nicely & you can pick at the flavor layer you want to go with your previous bite. The salad is filling & I was pleased with the meal.

I don't come here often, it's usually for lunch, so I haven't experience the woes described in other reviews. The waiters I've had have been knowledgeable & efficient.

I'll go back when I next need an oyster fix...

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

Made a reservation for a Friday evening. When we arrived the place was less than 50% full. Our table was “being set up” — well past our reservation time. No apologies. Disappointing. I could go on.. but there is more.

The wait staff was timely and asked for our beverage order. She took our beverage order and vanished. Our large party was ignored. Having to flag down the staff to take our meal order and request more bread is disappointing. Did I say none of our food had arrived and we’d been seated for nearly 40 minutes? And, no one ordered soup or salad — and the place was still less than 50% full. Disappointing.

For the prices at this type of establishment, seating should be timely — and they should be prepared. Service should be attentive. Follow up and follow through should also be on par for the location and branding.

Disappointing.

And more so when the bill arrives. For what we received (value), we over paid — and they under delivered. No one in our party will be returning.

Lastly, parking here is dismal and no valet service is available. Food is typical for this chain — certainly no better and nothing stands out as a “must have” or “recommended”. If you need to spend your money there are other options.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

1st and last time here. It was our 48th Anniversary, special night out right? WRONG.

The empty parking lot and few tables occupied should have been a sign!

Service was the slowest we had in many years of going out! The lobster bisque was very good (8/10) after almost 30 minutes of waiting for it. The entree was good but also slow in coming (5/10. The Apple Pie dessert was fair at best (4/10).

The service? (2/10)

Have eaten at their places in Seattle, Good fresh seafood and good service. NOT HERE. I would say management sets the tone, maybe they need .....

Don't waste you money (Pricey) or your time (Poor Service).

Watched a family come in and sat for 30 minutes before anyone acknowledged them. WOW

Reviewed November 24, 2017

My family Thanksgiving dinner changed from a crowd this year to just 4 of us. We opted to eat here. We had reservations for 4 pm. We weren't seated until 4:45pm. Our server didn't bring bread or water until we asked. We ordered an appetizer (4 shrimp) which arrived, but no plates. I finally grabbed plates from another empty table. We ordered our meals, still no bread. Our soup and salads arrive, still no bread or drink orders taken. Finally, at 5:45 our meals were delivered, still no bread or drink orders. Our turkey meals were bland and tasteless. We were more than disappointed with the taste. When we were just finishing up, four slices of sourdough bread arrive at our table with a tiny cup of butter. The waiter asks if we want pumpkin pie for dessert for $4. (No other desserts or menu were offered). We ordered one slice to share, as two of us don't care for pumpkin pie. It arrived cold with no whip cream. (It felt like they had just run out to the local market for pies). The pie was horrid! It didn't even have any spice or flavor! We were never offered coffee or hot tea. This place has gone downhill since they opened. This was our last effort to give our business here. They need to work on customer service and hire a new chef!

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

Not only was the waitress unable to answer simple questions regarding items on the menu, but she failed to attend to the table requiring me to seek someone to find her. Twenty-Fire minutes passed after the appetizer was cleared, our table was ignored, only to be told, when the inattentive waitress was found, that the kitchen had made a mistake in preparing a steak and was starting over. No thank you, good bye. Lousy service for an over priced restaurant. M&S trades on a day’s gone by reputation. Go to Ruth’s.