“Decent place, decent price”

Best Western Roseville Inn
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Roseville
Merriam, Kansas
“Decent place, decent price”
Reviewed 22 March 2011

We were on our way home, but Interstate 80 was closed due to the weather. Not wanting to risk our truck and trailer in bad weather, we booked a room with Expedia about 2 hours before arrival. I was a little nervous after reading the reviews on TA, but we needed a place to stay.

I must say we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was great, even though Expedia wasn't. It took some time to confirm everything, but not because of the hotel. The rooms were dated, but clean and comfortable. I have a bad back and the running joke with my friends is to see how twisted up I am after a night on a hotel bed. I was very happy to walk upright to breakfast the next morning! Only negative I could see was when I walked to the ice machine (it faced the freeway) was the noise. Seemed if you were a light sleeper, being on that side of the hotel might be a problem.

If I need to stay in Roseville again, I will be staying here.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank TC6012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2011

First of all, the staff members were always friendly and always greeted us with a smile. When my husband and I arrived we were sent to a room that was not yet cleaned, so we were given a key to another room. The second room had been cleaned, but I'm not sure when. The carpet looked soiled and so did the bedspread. Thank goodness the sheets, matress and blanket looked clean. I did request that all the bedding be cleaned and changed out. The second bedspread looked soiled as well, but I took it off the bed. I'm not sure that the housekeeper even washed the bedspread. I even bought pillows at a local mall since I didn't trust the ones available at the hotel. Thank goodness there were no funky smells in the room or we would have left. The bathroom was clean and the tub drained instantly - the plumbing worked just fine. Another thing about staying here is avoid the rooms closest to, or facing the freeway. If we had been more familiar with the area we would have stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Looey
Newport Beach
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Maria was great! She gave me a great rate and accomodated me in a professional manner. The room was very clean and quiet. It was a last minute trip for me and I checked in late in the evening. So, having a pleasant experience and a great room in addition to the kind staff made the experience a great one. I would definitely return to this location again should my travels take me there in the future!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 4 August 2010

The BestWestern far exceeded our expectations for the rating and price. We had used Priceline negotiator to find a 2 1/2 rating hotel at below the average price for hotels in this area. Our first surprise was that BestWestern agreed to the price. The second surprise was the large spacous room and more than ample variety complellmentary breakfast. Juice and coffee 24/7. Tiffany at the front desk was always eager to assist on any question.
The room was cleaned daily and was equipped with bar, refrig, desk, microwave, eating table , closet and largeTV/ clothing cabinet. Each day maid service changed our linens and cleaned the room.
We stayed 5 nights. It was located close enogh to all the shopping malls but was not in the center of all the traffic.
I think the only negative would be that on the weekend, there was not enough room in the breakfast area. However, we enjoyed eating in the comfort of our own room.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My resent stay at this hotel was a great experience. The staff was extremely helpful and professional. I would like to express my gratitude for one particular employee with out her kindness and joyful way I wouldn't have stay hear. Tiffany was the most professional and enduring employee I have encountered at any hotel I have stayed at in a very long time. Tiffany you were great I will be staying here again because of you. Thank you very much.
Berry

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Fresno, CA
Reviewed 4 April 2010

I made this trip because one of my dogs needed to have medical services that aren't available in my town and the veterinary hospital recommended this as a nearby pet-friendly. I was nearly in tears when I made my reservation and was very impressed by the kindness and helpfulness of the young woman who made my reservation.

The check-in was smooth and easy. The room was large and comfortable. There was a good-sized fridge and microwave; ample counter space and hanging space in the dressing area; tub with ample water pressure and hot water; and good wi-fi reception.

Breakfast was very impressive with all the usual stuff plus breakfast sandwiches with some protein in them, the equivalent of the fast food place's egg muffin or sausage muffin. The breakfast space is large, clean, and bright.

I asked for late check out (about half-an-hour) and they cheerfully accommodated me.

Then we went to the hospital and discovered that we needed to stay another night to complete all the tests. I went back to the hotel and told them my story and they made sure the room was cleaned, then put me right back in the same room so I didn't have to deal with anything new. Nobody ever said "You know--we're doing you a favor." They just helped me the best they could.

I was really aghast to discover all the negative reviews when I came to post this, since I hadn't checked before I made the trip and my experience was so positive. My only guess is that the negative reviews are all older and there is either new management or the old management got a wake-up call. I spoke to a manager while I was there and he seemed very aware of the entire operation and intent on providing the best possible service.

And if you're wondering, all the news about the dog (except the bill) was good. He's walking again and should recover almost completely.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
Reviewed 14 February 2010

I stayed last night at this Best Western because I found out that it was a PET FRIENDLY hotel in the area. That is the most important qualification, since I travel with my cat, Jake, The room is very nice, spacious non smoking king suite with microwave, frig, coffe, etc. And then there was a bonus, the jet tub, which after packing and cleaning all day, then driving to my next destination was a welcome surprise. It was awesome to unwind in the tub, however, due to the proximity of the other suites with the similar tubs, the noise from them was something less than desirable.which is unfortunate because this would have otherwise been the perfect place to stay. The plumbing is so loud though, Jake and I both jumped in our sleep. Too bad.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business